collapse

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6654
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Liepins does look pretty good. Fast finisher but not really a sprinter. Hanging tough in Glasgow until that puncture.

Would have thought him worthy of a bit more than #illuminate anyway but with #onepro going down, beggars can't be choosers. He's a bit like Aksel Nommela for me: obviously a talented rider but hasn't yet had enough of the right opportunities.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6955
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    He's Scandinavian, he's still young, and he showed today that he can keep up with the best:
    Jaakko Hänninen --> #riwal ;)

I actually expect him to sign with a bigger team than Riwal after today's U23 Worlds showing. But I also think that it wouldn't be a bad team for him to continue his development.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 415

Any thoughts on this dot that is yet to be connected?

https://twitter.com/Scott_Thwaites1/status/1047381355401764864

I've always had time for Thwaites and hope that he does get to pin on many more pro numbers; but clearly he is without at present
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11341
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    yeah, you'd think a team like CCC or Direct Energie would be interested in a strong rider for the classics... but apparently not
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    yeah, you'd think a team like CCC or Direct Energie would be interested in a strong rider for the classics... but apparently not
    BMCCCC sign whoever GvA wants, and/or Belgians.
    Bernaudeau signs Francophones or, if he absolutely has to, Lowlanders who already have a Roubaix cobble on the mantlepiece.

Thwaites has the wrong passport to go to those teams, even though he would be an above-average addition to their roster.
    Unfortunately for him, many teams are unable of thinking outside their cozy (but small) boxes.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11341
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    yeah, best chance to stay in WT is probably a one year domestique deal with Quickstep at minimum wage
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 902
    Did Thwaites leave Bora on good terms? That's the one team I would think he would fit in at at if he were to remain in the WT.
  • ReplyReply

• Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 415
    Yes good suggestions - I suppose my concern is with the UK conti scene imploding, and down to poss just four very lightly funded 'semi pro' squads next year, and also Aqua Blue gone from these isles, there is no sub-WT safety net for a British rider,  clearly there is a world of pro-conti's to look at but there can be as many national issues in those teams as per the WT comments above.  Anyway hope it works out for him.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6800
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    http://www.elcorreodeburgos.com/noticias/deportes/nuevo-burgos-bh-ya-listo_180252.html

A VETERAN.

It remains to incorporate a corridor that has significant experience in professionalism to the Burgos staff

Moreno ------> #burgos ?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    For future reference:
    Rui Costa #uae --> #unknown
    https://twitter.com/wolf_fernandes/status/1053967130629234688

How many teams can afford a rider of his calibre? And how many of those need a(nother) rider of his calibre?

It'll be a short list. My money is on BMCCCC.
    Rui Costa #uae --> #ccc?!
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Some teams were mentioned a couple of weeks back as being interested in him. I think they were EF-Drapac, Astana and Katusha.

My money would be on the last of them.
  • ReplyReply

• mudplugger

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 34
    Did Thwaites leave Bora on good terms? That's the one team I would think he would fit in at at if he were to remain in the WT.
    He was originally offered a good deal as one of their key classics riders, However this was revised down with the arrival of Sagan and friends.The management suggested that his performances justified a better deal than they could offer and suggested he may be better leaving. He had several teams interested but accepted a good deal at DDD following pressure from Cavendish. 

His agent was told by Ryder that they would like him to renew, but when it came to paperwork they started posturing, finally telling him there was no place at the end of September. He probably suffered from the inept performances of most of their names, the need to sign more new names, renewal of some names who do not perform, bike sponsor calls and the need to keep a significant African component.

He had nothing sorted as of last week.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    For future reference:Rui Costa #uae --> #ccc?!
    Some teams were mentioned a couple of weeks back as being interested in him. I think they were EF-Drapac, Astana and Katusha.

My money would be on the last of them.
    It all turned out to be black smoke; Rui Costa stays where he is.
    https://twitter.com/TeamUAEAbuDhabi/status/1054652236582842368
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/TeamCOFIDIS/status/1059389467004362757

WT and rode a grand tour this year.

TVA is my choice.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    WT and rode a grand tour this year.

TVA is my choice.
    Not a bad choice. :cool

I wouldn't mind an *er #cofidis duo of Daniel T and Natnael B, though. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Not a bad choice. :cool

I wouldn't mind an *er #cofidis duo of Daniel T and Natnael B, though. ;)

DirectVelo and other sources had reported it earlier today as being Berhane, but there has been nothing from Cofidis and some are now saying that it isn't him after all.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    DirectVelo and other sources had reported it earlier today as being Berhane, but there has been nothing from Cofidis and some are now saying that it isn't him after all.
    It is him, after all: :cool
    https://twitter.com/TeamCOFIDIS/status/1060094507574747143

On the other hand, he's not teaming up with Daniel T., but replacing him: :(
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cofidis-sign-berhane-and-release-teklehaimanot/
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts