Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6918
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: Tour de Suisse
« on: June 13, 2018, 16:23 »
Van Garderen: All about Porte at Suisse and Tour

I have to say I think he's found the best place for him to be. Super-dom. He can pull that role off very successfully, IF he'll wear the shirt. American fans would have something to whine, and cheer about - "Gee, lookit how good TJ is! They should give him a chance! C'mon TJ!" - instead of the perennial "not this year". Super-doms get a lot of good attention.

Unfortunate timing with that post Hiero! :D

Okay there was a headwind towards the end of the climb today, but the gradients were not steep and he didn't manage much of a turn in my opinion. Left Porte on his own and on another day he could have lost time to Landa or another late opportunistic attacker.

It was a big effort from Kung to hang in there for so long. Matthews, Albasini, Battaglin et al were nowhere to be seen when he finally dropped.
  • ReplyReply

•