Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 7029
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: Stage 4 - La Baule > Sarzeau (192km)
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:43 »
Groenewegen was in my thoughts when I was putting together my Velogames team for the Tour. In my head he'd put in some impressive performances this year, but funnily enough when I went to PCS and checked out the results I didn't see many.

I remember the first stage of Dubai where he had a great leadout, but that was the first race of the season for many, so we can't read too much into that. A win at KBK followed, but I didn't see that and a sprint at the end of a classic is different to a sprint at the end of a pan flat stage. Victory on stage 2 at PN is the only one I see where he beat numerous other top names in a big race (Sagan and Gaviria weren't there though).

Anyway I don't know if that shows anything or not, but I decided in the end not to select him.
  • ReplyReply

•