Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 6696
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: Stage 4 - La Baule > Sarzeau (192km)
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:43 »
Groenewegen was in my thoughts when I was putting together my Velogames team for the Tour. In my head he'd put in some impressive performances this year, but funnily enough when I went to PCS and checked out the results I didn't see many.

I remember the first stage of Dubai where he had a great leadout, but that was the first race of the season for many, so we can't read too much into that. A win at KBK followed, but I didn't see that and a sprint at the end of a classic is different to a sprint at the end of a pan flat stage. Victory on stage 2 at PN is the only one I see where he beat numerous other top names in a big race (Sagan and Gaviria weren't there though).

Anyway I don't know if that shows anything or not, but I decided in the end not to select him.
  • ReplyReply

•