Road Races > [2.HC] Tour of Utah
collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1312
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah
« on: August 02, 2018, 23:37 »
I can't believe it's already time for this again. Wow.

Quite the course profile on pretty much every stage. It's beautiful out there. I've never biked but I've skied at Snowbird and Alta. Nothing like those mountain-top views. Absolutely breathtaking.
When I was a kid, we went skiing every chance we got. That was in NH. A few years later, when I was grown enough to be on my own, I went to work out west. Drove out. On the way, I stopped at some ski mountain and rented some skis. Talk about breathtaking! I got to the top of the lift, and felt like I was looking straight down forever. It certainly took my breath away, and my courage. I have to admit, I got back on the lift, and never went skiing again. The scale is just completely different. My loss perhaps.

It was in later years that I got big into cycling and started racing. I've never seen a ROAD that I was too scared of to take on - but I've seen plenty of mountain courses where I would not go - not ever. In part because I can handle a bike well enough on pavement, but all those rocks and cliffs require more agility than I ever had.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Recent Posts

Re: Deutschland Tour by LukasCPH
    [Today at 13:27]

Re: Deutschland Tour by search
    [Today at 13:00]

Re: Deutschland Tour by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 12:41]

Re: Deutschland Tour by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 12:07]

Re: Deutschland Tour by Mellow Velo