t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2658
Re: Arctic Race of Norway
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:53 »
Something needs to happen with the wind, because I don't think the parcour alone can repair much of the damage caused to the GC by yesterday's finale crashes.

I don't think the race is settled just yet. :) Yesterday's stage was raced unexpectedly hard (finishing way ahead of schedule after lots of work in bordures) and some teams must have quite a few riders with tired legs already, so #rally and #academy (chase managers all day yesterday) may opt for a stay-in-the-bunch strategy today. However, someone is going to go in the breakaway, and if one or all of the WT teams can sneak away with one or more riders - or even if a large group goes like yesterday -does anyone really believe Corendon-Circus will be able to control it on behalf of the bunch? I mean, it is a conti team with taste for mud and they're not all on MVP level.
It is essential for Corendon to position themselves so that at least one of the big teams must contribute to the chasing or they will burn out every match they have leaving van der Poel exposed long before they get to Kjøllefjord.
Corendon must work hard to control who gets in the break: ideal for them is #unox, #joker and #coop (only conti teams...)
  • ReplyReply

•