collapse

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 13875
  • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Both them and Wanty are racing Guangxi, but only Total (for the moment) are at Chrono des Nations. You could imagine Terpstra picking up some more points there.

as it turns out, all three are sending guys to the Chrono des Nations:

https://twitter.com/ChronoNations/status/1184398447786561536

#direct Direct Energie (Terpstra & Turgis) looks still likely to score more points than #corendon Corendon (Vergaerde & Janssen) and #wanty Wanty (de Gendt & Meurisse) though, and with guys like #jumbo Roglic & van Emden, #ineos Ganna or #axeon Bjerg around, it's likely to be a battle for minor places anyway
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7787
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Last week I was talking about how it was over for Corendon, but I didn't take into account more UCI cock-ups. Tim Merlier's points are missing from their overall tally!
    Oh FFS. :fp

My first thought was "they didn't count the points he scored before joining the team mid-season" - but he didn't score any points (on the road) in the #pauwels jersey at all.
    Instead, another case of the people running the database working incredibly shoddily. It's a disgrace. :angry
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Liked: 8712
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Eiking in 7th in the GC after today's queen stage in Guangxi. He could get up to 5th on cumulative placings (or with one bonus second), but that won't be enough as it stands. Martin was quite disappointing and is down in 18th. He has the KoM jersey, but as far as I'm aware you don't get any points for that.

They need a miracle.

:pray :pray :pray
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Martin was quite disappointing and is down in 18th. He has the KoM jersey, but as far as I'm aware you don't get any points for that.
    You don't - only in GTs.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014

That miracle didn't happen for Wanty and they ended up 70 points short of Total. Assuming that all 19 teams announced yesterday pass the various tests for WT, then it's only the French team that get the Golden Ticket to all WT races. Contrary to what I thought before, Wanty will only get auto-invites to all of the WT one day races (I though it was all WT events except GTs).

Next year's competition (if it happens) may have lost Cofidis and IKA, but Corendon have made clear their intention in the past few weeks of this year, that they would like to get their hands on these auto-wildcards. Arkea obviously will be of a similar mindset. Will Quintana et al be enough to double their score?

This is the other new competition that is starting. Going by 2020 rosters, the worried WT teams should be IKA, NTT and Movistar(!). Other teams could easily get involved though with an injury to a pivotal rider or two.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    https://cyclingpro.net/spaziociclismo/continental/total-direct-energie-arriva-la-rinuncia-anche-al-giro-del-delfinato-confermata-la-presenza-al-giro-di-svizzera/

They won the Golden Ticket, but the list of snubbed races is growing.

The Tour de Suisse is being favoured over the Dauphine. :S

“We will have a very intense calendar, well marked for the team - commented the team manager - Coming out of a period in which the Classics will be the master, we have no way of sending riders to the Giro del Dauphinato. However, we can say that we will participate in the next Tour of Switzerland"

Hmmmm the classics finish a month before the start of the Dauphine.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    They won the Golden Ticket, but the list of snubbed races is growing.

The Tour de Suisse is being favoured over the Dauphine. :S
    And this from a French team!

Almost feels like they didn't want the Golden Ticket and ended up getting it by mistake. :S
  • ReplyReply

•