collapse

Echoes

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1669
Re: Ciclismo Cup 2019 (Giro di Lombardia)
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2019, 11:37 »
I've only watched the last ten kilometers in replay on the clip below but well deserved win for a great rider. I've always had a soft spot for the Great Bauke Mollema because in his early years he would always turn around 80 race days a year. Then he cut down a bit. I don't know how heavy his calendar was this year but for a rider of this height and weight it was phenomenal. Not surprising that he had Pfeiffer disease.

It must've been quite a thriller to watch it live (though well I watched without knowing the outcome  :cool) but the last three kilometers were descending, so that was in his favour. Surviving San Fermo della Battaglia alone in the lead while not being a time-trialist is quite a feat. When did he attack?

Just realise that he was only the third Dutchie to win the Tour of Lombardy after Jo De Roo in 1962 and 1963 and Hennie Kuiper in 1981. So 38 years after Hennie Kuiper, a Dutchman wins the Tour of Lombardy !!!!

• ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.