collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 7506
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
https://twitter.com/SoCalCycling/status/1112746894223130625

Piccoli is the man in form. He followed up his second in Taiwan with victory at the San Dimas Stage Race (including two stages).
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014

Probably not all the names I listed a couple of posts above will be racing. Aevolo for one have a different team I know and Villalobos is suspended by the UCI.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Poor Twitter coverage of the race unfortunately.

Bassett may be riding for a club team, but he did win a stage at the recent Redlands. The same stage in fact where Kuss leapt to prominence a few years back.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Zimmer took the stage and race lead with a successful late break. Today's is the short uphill TT and last year he only lost 34s to the stage winner. Can he hang onto that leader's jersey?
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    This year he lost ......dunh dunh DUNH......35 seconds.

Second stage win for Bassett who retakes the GC lead. Good performance as well from his First Internet Bank team mate Jarret Oldham (who provided the Go Pro footage on stage 1).

Criterium to round things out today. In 2017 this stage did shake the GC up, but then there were ten riders within 20 seconds on the GC and it was difficult to police. In this edition there aren't those strong teams and only Piccoli is within striking distance. Oldham could be used as well to police any breaks.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

The break took the stage win and no real changes in the final GC.

• ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12587
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    JSG's favorite race of Castles & Lions started yesterday, and although the stage didn't look too hard on paper, only 10 guys finished within a minute

The winner of the sprint was actually #movistar Carlos Barbero, but he was relegated to 5th later on (and got a 30s penalty):

Today's stage is fairly flat and tomorrow the final climb crests with 80k to go, so the overall winner will probably come from those ten riders.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    More controversy today. A DSQ for Grosu who had initially finished the stage second.

https://twitter.com/nava13diego/status/1121812246177419264

Was he the guilty party here?

The weather producing much more exciting racing than the profiles would suggest.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3122
    Search, look at this: the Cimolai domination is here, and it is not that far from Sanremo to Leon, is it? :S
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 230
    Nice winning streak for Cimolai.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12587
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    More controversy today. A DSQ for Grosu who had initially finished the stage second.

Was he the guilty party here?

he was. Well, or maybe not. That's what he says in a lengthy post on his Facebook at least:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010118401664

I like the "it made no difference, de la Fuente finished 15 minutes behind, same as the other day" argument, I must say :D

Search, look at this: the Cimolai domination is here, and it is not that far from Sanremo to Leon, is it? :S

yes, but obviously Sanremo is not quite as prestigious as Castilly y Leon.

Today it was not Cimolai who took the stage by the way. I guess #murias Sanz must be a friend of his, and he gifted it to him

This was enough to secure the overall though, ahead of the Canadian Cannonball and Jerome Cousin, best known for not taking many turns.

Bennati came 4th, with a broken collarbone
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7290
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    I've followed the career of #riwal Rasmus Bøgh Wallin since his first senior year in 2015. He started the season as a category B rider as only those with a Conti contract (or certain junior achievements that I can't remember) automatically get a category A licence in Denmark.
    By June, he had scored enough points to become an A rider on merit, and finished 10th in his first Post Cup race. In September, he was third in the final round of Post Cup, and 10th overall - despite not participating in the first two of the five races.
    In 2016, he was second overall in the Post Cup. Since 2017, he has won a UCI race every year.

This year's win[1] came at today's Scandinavian Race in Uppsala, one of Scandinavia's oldest road races that's run continuously since 1909 (unlike many other races, there was no break during the World Wars as Sweden was a neutral country). So this was the 111th edition.
    The race was 13 laps of a circuit, Bøgh Wallin attacked from the front group on the third-last lap and soloed to the finish.

The Danish teams took all places from 1st to 7th, with #riwal doing a 1-2-4.
    Oh, and a *fo cyclist, Davúr Magnussen, finished 7th!

1. his first win of the year, but hopefully not the only one
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3000
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    The 2019 Cascade Cycling Classic concluded over this past weekend.
    A little tricky to find much coverage of it though. Nothing from CyclingNews or Velonews.
    Even the Wiki page is frozen in time from 2017. :S

(Perhaps because of last year's hiatus, and that it was sanctioned only by USA Cycling this time around, but no longer by the UCI?)

The Cascade Cycling Classic [was] the longest-running professional stage race in the US [from 1979] through 2017 when it was a UCI race for both the men and women. A staple of the US domestic circuit for nearly four decades, past winners of the race include Todd Gogulski, Alexi Grewal, Dale Stetina, Bart Bowen, Jonathan Vaughters, Lance Armstrong, Tom Danielson and Levi Leipheimer, among many others. Two-Time Olympic champion Kristin Armstrong won the women's race twice.

And although there are some decent videos from each stage on the main race website, pictures seem to be somewhat absent. Even their Twitter account is totally lacking in any podium pics or results.

I'm trying here, people. I'm trying!!!  :angry
    (Just another reason why this sport is nearly non-existent in the U.S.)

OK. forget this. I just spent over an hour trying to figure out who actually won the race, and now I don't even care.
    This started as a bit of a lark to me to promote Floyd's Pro Cycling because I was under the impression that they did quite well in this race (Team Classification, plus some podium dominance in some of the stages?). But even Floyd's twitter page is lacking in info. Travis McCabe, who supposedly won a stage or two, and was leading the overall at some point (and secured the final GC?), doesn't even seem to have anything to say about it. McCabe's own Twitter feed has been dry since January though. Weirder still, he didn't even make mention of his Tour of California excitement.

However, it does appear that the Green Jersey for Best Oregon Rider went to....

#green #illuminate Chris Horner! :win  :lol

[Edit]
    It seems that local press was the only press.

https://www.bendbulletin.com/sports/7204611-151/travis-mccabe-takes-the-overall-title-in-the

The Floyd’s team helped secure the overall victory in the pro men’s Cascade Cycling Classic for Travis McCabe, who finished sixth on Sunday in the final stage, the Awbrey Butte Circuit Race.

The community rallied around McCabe after his criterium victory Saturday night, and a few hundred spectators scattered along Sunday’s route watched him take the overall win.

McCabe said that the CCC is a relatively small race for a top domestic team like Floyd’s, but it is important to the squad, he explained, because Bend’s Worthy Brewing, the main sponsor of the CCC, is also one of the team’s sponsors.

“It’s a smaller race than what it used to be, but for us, it’s a big race, and it matters,” McCabe said. “So we wanted to come out here and dominate, and I think we did that.”

Now, Lukas, fire up those new kit smileys for Floyd's!  :P
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    GP Saguenay 13th - 16th June

Frau Merkel and chums can't stop it this year!

Stage 1: Jonquière > Jonquière (143.1km)

Stage 2: La Baie > Montée Sainte-Charles(156.05km)

Stage 3: Chicoutimi Criterium (50.25km)

Stage 4: Chicoutimi > Chicoutimi (95.4km)

Competing teams:

DCBank Pro Cycling (Samuel and Rupnik)
    X-Speed United (Roth and Walsh)
    Inteja Imca - Ridea DCT (Milan)
    Brunei Continental Cycling Team (Kastrantas)
    Canels - Specialized (Corte, Prado, Sanchez, Santos and Alarcon)
    303 Project Cycling Team (Van Zyl and Easter)
    Team Skyline
    Équipe Probalac Devinci (Gardner and Gagne)
    Floyd's Pro Cycling (McCabe, Jean, Zukowsky and Tvetcov)
    Aevolo (Villalobos, Rojas, Hoehn, Hecht and Hernandez)

Ride with Rendall
    NCCH Elite (Moazemi and Zimmer)
    Foundation CCB
    VéloSélect Racing Team
    Team Novo Nordisk Development
    Toronto Hustle (Varabei)
    Vélo 2000 / Rhino Rack (Cartier)
    Desjardins Ford

Équipe Canadienne (Cote, Roberge and Burke)

Those names are all provisional of course. For example I'm sure I read that Tvetcov won't be riding here after he was caught up in the deliberately caused crash at Cascade.

BTW that really is Arvin Moazemi (ex-Pishgaman) riding for NCCH Elite. There must be a story there waiting to be told.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    BTW that really is Arvin Moazemi (ex-Pishgaman) riding for NCCH Elite. There must be a story there waiting to be told.
    Indeed! :o

My suspicion would be that he (possibly with his family) simply emigrated to Canada. But I don't know anything.

EDIT: He has an Instagram account that gives us some (but not much) information. On 20 January, he posted this photo of himself in the NCCH kit with the caption "New year with new team. Good news is coming... The kite doesn’t face adverse wind it won’t rise"
    It also says "based in *ca" in the biography.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Yeah I saw that. Had a bit of a search online for the story myself, but couldn't find anything. Maybe it will stay untold unless he wins a stage here.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Race starts in twenty minutes, but no sign of the official start list yet.

McCabe (with a Floyds side-order of Zukowsky) should be the favourite, but I wouldn't rule out the Canadian national team, Canels or Aevolo making things interesting.

Some individual riders to keep an eye on are the above mentioned Moazemi, but also watch for Hecht on the comeback trail after a crash earlier in the season. Milan and Roth should be there or thereabouts too.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Nothing on Twitter from any source, but the official Facebook account does have short spoken updates (in French naturellement).

https://www.facebook.com/Grand-Prix-Cycliste-de-Saguenay-1597867653802812/

Zukowksy was out ahead on his own for a while, but now he's part of a seven man break (Cartier, Santos and Alvarez some of the other names). There's another group of nine 1+ minute back and the peloton is at 2+ minutes.

Something like that anyway. :lol
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    https://www.facebook.com/1597867653802812/videos/435329977050612/

Coverage from the finish line of the final few km. Now with split language commentary. :cool

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Another rainy day, another victory for Pay-Ahhh.

Fifth for a Novo Nordisk Devo rider!
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2725
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     The baby Giro boys going one better than main event today, with a double ascent of the Mortirolo.

• ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    The baby Giro boys going one better than main event today, with a double ascent of the Mortirolo.
    The first ascent is from the south (i.e. 'wrong') side though. I don't know if a race has ever used that side to climb before?

They could have done this instead, using the 'traditional' side from Mazzo twice and adding the drag to Aprica - and the stage doesn't even get longer. Only downside is that the first ascent wouldn't be all the way to the top, but 'only' to "Bivio di/per Grosio" at 1570 metres.

EDIT: No idea why the RwGPS insert uses miles and feet :angry
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    Hey now!   :cool

Tour de Beauce 2019
    June 19-23, Saint-Georges, Saint Georges, Road - 2.2

Tour de Beauce is a men's elite professional road bicycle racing multi-day event held each June in the Beauce region of Quebec, Canada since 1986. It is the oldest stage-race in North America. The Tour de Beauce is a Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI)-rated 2.2 continental circuit stage race on the UCI America Tour.

The Queen Stage of the Tour de Beauce features the ascension of the iconic Mont-Mégantic National Park, a 6-km climb averaging 18% grade on the highest elevation road in the Province of Quebec.

The race has five stages, including two half-stages, one of which is usually held in Québec City. Quebec has hosted a stage of the Tour de Beauce for the last 25 consecutive years.

Classifications
    The race has five individual classifications, and the leader in each will wear a special jersey.

#yellow Yellow jersey: General classification (overall leader)
     #white White jersey: Sprint classification
     #kom Polka dot jersey: Mountains classification
     #red Red jersey: Young rider classification
     #blue Blue jersey: Winner of Quebec City Stage

-------------------------------

The last Canadian to win this race was Svein Tuft, in 2008, riding for *ca Symmetrics. Since then, it's been mostly the domain of American, Australian, Spanish, and Latvian riders.  :P

That is until James Piccoli  *ca took the honors last year while riding for  #elevate

(For some reason, no one has updated the race's Wiki from 2018, and translating the race's home page is proving to be challenging.  :S)

-------------------------------

Teams:

CANADA *ca
    ARAPAHOE | HINCAPIE P/B BMC (no kit emoji?)
    RALLY UHC CYCLING  #rally
    FLOYD'S PRO CYCLING TEAM  #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd  :cool  :D
    INTEJA IMCA - RIDEA DCT #inteja
    RIDE WITH RENDALL
    303 PROJECT  #303
    NOVO NORDISK  #novonordisk
    PROBACLAC/DEVINCI
    CYCLING B.C.
    CANEL'S - SPECIALIZED #canels
    ASPTT NANCY MEURTHE ET MOSELLE
    BRUNEI CONTINENTAL CYCLING TEAM [Edit] Not anymore!   :S :lol

TEAM SKYLINE
    DC BANK PRO CYCLING TEAM
    XSPEED UNITED CONTINENTAL
    VELOSELECT RACING TEAM

*The race organizers may have stumped Lukas with some of their team choices.  :P

Official Start List
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 18:56 by Drummer Boy »

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    It's after midnight and I'm bleary-eyed, so I'm not able to update the first two stages just yet, or provide the proper race overview.

I'll use this space for it.

Suffice to say, the raison d'être for this thread should be obvious.  :D

#floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd

https://twitter.com/RallyUHCcycling/status/1141411509173551104

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1141413386409975808

https://twitter.com/cdncyclist/status/1141861232191975424

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1141823551248486400

#floyd #yellow #floyd #yellow #floyd #yellow
    https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1141776866157760512

Might this race justify a thread all it's own? I dunno, but I suck at race threads and I'm too sleepy to contemplate that right now.  :x_x
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 19:12 by Drummer Boy »

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    Reserving one more space in case I need it.

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1141836502021939200

https://twitter.com/cdncyclist/status/1142069652006330370

--------------------

Breaking news:

Organisers of the Tour de Beauce announced Friday that the UCI has withdrawn the Brunei Continental Cycling Team from the 34th edition of the race for violating "specific regulations regarding the maximum number of riders that a team can include in its roster during the season."

The team is a first-year Continental program with a 16-rider roster before Langlois, a 40-year-old Canadian who last rode on the UCI level for Garneau-Québecor in 2017, was added for Beauce. The team's 2019 roster includes just three riders from Brunei, as well as riders from Turkey, South Africa, Great Britain, Greece, Canada, Malaysia, Indonesia, Belgium and the US.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 19:08 by Drummer Boy »

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    These posts are somewhat out of order, but it's the best I can do with having missed (been unaware of) the race before it launched.

But just to give some proper context to the event...

The Five Stages

Stage 1 | Wednesday, June 19
    DESJARDINS

This stage kicks off the 2019 Tour De Beauce. Riders will travel a total of 177km on this opening stage on a hilly course that will shape out the first GC standings. There are three intermediate sprints at three cat 3 KOM sprints.

Stage 2 | Thursday, June 20
    HYDRO-QUÉBEC

The queen stage of the Tour de Beauce! This second stage will take the cyclists from Lac Mégantic to the famed Mont-Mégantic National Park, featuring 5 KOM including a Cat 1 Summit Finish! This will test the climbers and will completely reshape the GC. There are 3 sprints featured in this stage.

Stage 3a | Friday, June 21 CLMI/ITT
    LE GEORGESVILLE

This stage is the Time Trial stage. A 20km time trial will test mental strength and will be a strong push to climb up, or protect the GC position.
    (I haven't quite figured out this dual-stage yet) :slow

Stage 3b |Friday, June 21
    LE GEORGESVILLE
    ---------------------

Stage 4 | Saturday, June 22
    VILLE DE QUÉBEC

This is the fast-pace Criterium race. a 2km course will be traveled 35 times for a total of 70km of pure speed in the iconic streets of the Quebec City. A fan-favorite.

Stage 5 | Sunday, June 23
    VILLE DE SAINT-GEORGES

This is the final stage hosted in the heart city of the Tour de Beauce, Saint-Georges. And don't be fooled, there is plenty of room for changes in the general classification to crown the ultimate champion. This race is no walk in the park! A total of 122km of hard racing on a tough 10.2 km urban circuit.

[Here's the official stage breakdown, but I haven't the slightest idea how to embed those maps or course profiles.]
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 19:44 by Drummer Boy »

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events