collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 7738
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
:cool #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd  :cool

Stage win; GC control.  :snooty

They're certainly in a strong position, but the overall is still very much up for grabs. Magner could pick up bonuses today and tomorrow, but the real test for Floyd's will be on Sunday and the St. Georges stage. The past two years it has produced big GC swings and if there is bad weather like on Megantic then it will be (relative) carnage.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Stage 3b

• ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3264
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    Stage 3b

Ah, so it looks like a nice little workout after the morning ITT?  :cool

The race site does some weird stuff for me. When I tried to "translate" it to English, there's an annoying hovering window that kept blocking out exactly what I was trying to read. The original French version isn't too hard to understand, but I couldn't get all the details I was looking for.

Results are in:

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1142228015650418689

:win

#floyd #rally #floyd

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1142229867389489152
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:02 by Drummer Boy »

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1142417304535408640

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1142474847718694912

I don't think I could sit through 35 laps of any race.   :-x

https://twitter.com/TourDeBeauce/status/1142511324406145029

The Floyd Boys #floyd #floyd #floyd took 9th, 10th and 11th, on the stage, respectively, with:
    ZUKOWSKY,Nickolas
    JEAN,Émile
    TVETCOV,Serghei

As noted above, the GC remains as it was yesterday.
    ZUKOWSKY,Nickolas #floyd
    MAGNER,Tyler #rally
    TVETCOV,Serghe #floyd
    -----------------------------

#floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd #floyd
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    Stage 5 (to be elaborated upon)

With less than a second separating #floyd Nickolas Zukowsky and #rally Tyler Magner, every second truly will count on this, the final stage of the 2019 Tour de Beauce.

The riders will face another circuit race to close out the week. Sunday's stage will feature 12 laps of a demanding 10.2 km course.

With everything on the line for the final victory, riders and teams alike will have to be on high alert throughout the day, with team strength and tactics likely to be the deciding factors.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    2018 winner  *ca James Piccoli managed to threaten again this year, right up to the final lap, finishing in 2nd place overall.

Leave some room on the podium for #floyd:o

A little recap from

[I've only just realized that they've been running a nice little blog about the race from their team website.}

Every Canadian cyclist worth his salt-stained jersey wants to do the Tour de Beauce. It’s like a rite of passage.

The final stage of ‘Beauce’ is a leg grinder of an urban circuit in Saint Georges known for dramatic lead changes, crazy caravan driving, and streets lined with spectators enjoying the race from their lawns. And then there was that time our team car pulled over from the caravan to a lawn BBQ happening on the course. Gord calmly ordered “Trois hot dogs, tous garnis et trois boissons rafraîchissantes svp.” The next lap the hot dogs and drinks were ready for us.

So yeah, Beauce is a great race that ends with a kick-you-in-the-teeth final stage. This year it did not disappoint, delivering virtual lead changes, some key riders going up the road, teams trying to control and riders cracking out the back. Essentially there was constant action for spectators, race commentators and directors scrambling to make decisions in their cars.

In the end, however, we got bit in the butt. We entered the race with Nick Zukowsky in yellow and Serghei Tvetcov 3rd at 6 sec. Nick, however, was only in the lead by a fraction of a second; and only 14 seconds separated first from 5th. From the gun to the final couple laps, all the hitters took a swing at Nick. In the end, a well-deserving Brendan Rhim (Arapahoe) took the overall with Nick falling to 3rd behind 2018 winner, James Piccoli (Canada). There was some consolation in Keegan Swirbul finishing the stage on the podium, behind Diego Milan (Canels) and Rhim, and moving into 4th GC with Tvetcov in 5th. Zuke took the Young Rider’s jersey and we won the Team Competition.

But we really wanted to win the overall at Beauce with Zuke. A side of me wants to remind everyone that Zuke just turned 21, and that he won the Grand Prix Cycliste de Saguenay and finished 3rd at Beauce. During that stretch he raced 10 times in 11 days over two stage races and wore yellow for 7 of those days. That’s a lot of defending but really, in the end, the 2019 edition of the Tour de Beauce got away from us.

Final GC

1. RHIM,Brendan Arapahoe | Hincapie
    2. PICCOLI,James  *ca
    3. ZUKOWSKY,Nickolas #floyd
    4. SWIRBUL,Keegan #floyd
    5. TVETCOV,Serghei #floyd
    6. MURPHY,Kyle #rally
    7. COTE,Pier Andre #rally
    8. ZIMMER,Matthew - Veloselect Racing Team
    9. ELLSAY,Nigel #rally
    10. KATERBERG,Ben - Team B.C.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:03 by Drummer Boy »

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12806
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Looks like there's the READY STEADY TOKYO Tokyo 2020 Test Event on this weekend:

So it's basically the 2020 Olympics course but without the Mt. Fuji in the middle of it.

Some big nations grabbed the opportunity to have a look at it...
    • National Teams
      • #teamhk HONG KONG, CHINA
      • #teambe BELGIUM
      • #teamfr FRANCE
      • #teamde GERMANY
      • #teamgb GREAT BRITAIN
      • #teamie IRELAND
      • #teamit ITALY
      • #teamlu LUXEMBOURG
      • #teamru RUSSIAN FEDERATION

• UCI Conti & Japan
      • #aisan AISAN RACING TEAM (AIS)
      • #kinan KINAN CYCLING TEAM (KIN)
      • #matrix MATRIX POWERTAG (MTR)
      • #nippo NIPPO-VINI FANTINI-FAIZANE' (NIP)
      • #shimano SHIMANO RACING TEAM (SMN)
      • #bridgestone TEAM BRIDGISTONE CYCLING (BGT)
      • #ukyo TEAM UKYO (UKO)
      • #terengganu TERENGGANU INC. TSG CYCLING TEAM (TSG)
      • #thailand THAILAND CONTINENTAL CYCLING TEAM
      • #blitzen UTSUNOMIYA BLITZEN (BLZ)
      • #teamjp UNIVERSITY ALL JAPAN
    ...but the ~pdf provisional startlist only has Italy (Ulissi, Formolo, Cataldo and Masnada) with a team somewhat camparable to the one that may line up at the Olympics next year.

Nonetheless it should be interesting though, but I couldn't find any information about potential tv coverage yet.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7399
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Looks like there's the READY STEADY TOKYO Tokyo 2020 Test Event on this weekend:

Nice! :cool
    I don't think it'll be shown live on TV anywhere, though. :(

~pdf provisional startlist
    The file name for the startlist is "Athreet-list-as-of-0711" ... what's an Athreet? :-x
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    The file name for the startlist is "Athreet-list-as-of-0711" ... what's an Athreet? :-x

:D
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    Nonetheless it should be interesting though, but I couldn't find any information about potential tv coverage yet.

I would say forget about the possibility of coverage. I swear I read somewhere that the course would be closed to even spectators.  :S

For the life of me I can't remember where or when I saw that, but it's in my memory banks. Maybe it was an INRNG tweet?

I could have a look...

[Edit]
    I knew I hadn't imagined that.  :P

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1148579220731367427
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12806
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    yeah, no video coverage of whatever kind in the end, by the look of it, but - as expected - Ulissi won

With most of the roads blocked for spectators, lots of people decided to come to the start and/or the finish instead :cool

And specifically for Lukas, also a picture of new Japanese champion #shimano Shotaro Iribe was taken ;)

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7399
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    yeah, no video coverage of whatever kind in the end, by the look of it, but - as expected - Ulissi won
    There was coverage - no commentary whatsoever though:
    livepf.jp

And specifically for Lukas, also a picture of new Japanese champion #shimano Shotaro Iribe was taken ;)

:cool
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    Re: Smaller Race Results and Discussion 2019
    « Reply #107 on: August 10, 2019, 22:35 »
    https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/1160288516204404736

https://twitter.com/freddreier/status/1160281219222761473

Leadville Trail 100 Elite Men’s Results
    Howard Grotts, Specialized, 6:19:18
    Quinn Simmons, Lux Cycling, at 3:06  :snooty

Lachlan Morton,  #ef EF Education First, at 3:24
    Peter Stetina,  #tdftrek Trek-Segafredo, at 3:25
    Alex Howes,  #ef EF Education First, at 7:47
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 22:48 by Drummer Boy »

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Recent Posts

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 03:06]

Re: RIP/ memorial announcements by Echoes
    [August 18, 2019, 22:36]

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by Leadbelly
    [August 18, 2019, 21:54]

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by t-72
    [August 18, 2019, 21:03]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Leadbelly
    [August 18, 2019, 20:05]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Leadbelly