collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7541
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20
« on: May 06, 2019, 12:42 »
More #unox rumours:

#unox Andreas Leknessund ----> #sunweb
Only Oomen and S. Kragh Andersen developed nicely at #sunweb. Kämna was close to retiring and disappoints like Storer and Hindley. Don't know whats up with Kanter.
So I would prefer another team for him or staying one more year with  #unox.
...but Oomen was already quite developed out of the Rabobank U23 system, seem to remember him riding well, along with Mathieu van der Poel, at a Norwegian event already long ago!

EDIT: however, lately I have read good things about Sunweb and their development system (mostly related to the women's side though). They may not be as good as #jumbo but they are close competitors.
Sunweb is a very rigid system. For some, that is good as it gives them clear benchmarks and structures, and helps them bring out their best - for others, it stifles them.
We've just recently seen Janneke Ensing, the women's team's star signing four months ago, leave the team by mutual agreement because it didn't fit her.
Ellen van Dijk didn't have great things to say about it either after leaving for Trek.

My impression is that the older you are and the longer you have been in cycling, the less likely it is that you can adapt to the 'Sunweb system'. Younger riders often slot into it well - but as rote_laterne points out, it's not a given even there.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread by Leadbelly
    [November 18, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [November 17, 2019, 07:59]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2019, 00:36]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by Drummer Boy