collapse

Carlo Algatrensig

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1091
Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 16:08 »
From what the team is doing, it appears to be principally global growth that is the objective: they hire riders from all over the world, if only they are good enough. However, I think they have money for that, and then some. «Then some» as in somewhere they´ve piled two big mountains of cash marked «For Simon»  and «For Adam», just because what really seems to be missing in their plans are the next generation British GC winners (make that Tour de France GC winners, nothing else really matters).

I´ll take it as far as to speculating that in the contract negotiations with Ineos someone might have said: «if you throw in an extra 20 million or so we will see what we can do about getting the Yates twins to sign on for 2021.» Unless either 1) another British young rider appears as the next big thing 2) Mitchelton gets more sponsors with deeper pockets, I think the question is «when» not «if» the brothers will join Sky. If anything, they seem like more of a match now then they were when they shocked the British cycling establishment, by not joining Sky in the first place.

On the point of signing both of the Yates twins has Sky/Ineos policy changed policy regarding a rider who has been sanctioned for a doping violation? If it hasn't already been relaxed is Simon Yates a rider worth changing it for.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [October 16, 2021, 09:26]

Re: 2021 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by LukasCPH
    [October 14, 2021, 21:05]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [October 14, 2021, 13:16]

Re: 2021 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by Leadbelly
    [October 11, 2021, 18:12]

Re: 2021 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by search