collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7409
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2019
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 08:54 »
edit: here's also an interview with Bernal:

not many news in there, but wow... when I met him in Sibiu, he didn't speak a single word of English :o
Wow indeed! And that was only two years ago. :o
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1606
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 18:28 »
    Wow. And I don't mean van Aert. Which year was it Froome crashed on the TdF cobble stage? That was Nibali's only Tour - 2014, right? Ok, Vincenzo. Iiiiiitttt's TIME!

Actually, Thomas may not be that bothered by this crash. We'll have to wait and see. But the dynamics of this Tour are certainly getting changed by the whims of Chance. That daffy old b*tch.

https://www.velonews.com/2019/06/news/dumoulin-to-miss-tour-de-france_495275

And --- another one down and another one bites the dust -

Y'all know I'm a Dumoulin fan, so I was hoping he could find his form. Not to be, this year.

Nibali, Bernal, who's left? Fortunately Thomas wasn't badly hurt in that crash. He should be well enough to be in the mix.

• ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3276
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 09:57 »
    https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/1153983012515848194

Given all the gruesome details upthread about this incident, I can understand any skepticism generated by this seemingly remarkable recovery.

It doesn't quite add up.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1606
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 19:54 »
    https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/1153983012515848194

Given all the gruesome details upthread about this incident, I can understand any skepticism generated by this seemingly remarkable recovery.

It doesn't quite add up.
    Generally, I would have to agree. A compound fracture of the femur, OF THE FEMUR, and no cast after 6 weeks? Well, on the other hand, it has been 6 weeks, there should be some knitting of the bone by now, and you'll notice the right leg does not move. They are probably paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical care, so they've gone for intensive best possible care and physical therapy. I would think they are putting some sort of cast right back on the minute he's done on that exercise.

He could have a plate in, as well. Pretty ephing incredible, for sure. Crazy.
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3276
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015