collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3111
Re: 70th Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana
« on: February 11, 2019, 21:38 »
The last short sprint - stage around the city of Valencia with a downtown finish was marred by a crash on the last kilometer, but the best sprinters were already ahead, except Dylan Groenewegen, who suddenly materialized at the back of the ahead-of-the-crash-group and proceeded to teleport himself to a position about 2,5 cm ahead of #uae Aleksander Kristoff at the finish line. #champeu #mitchelton Matteo Trentin was also very close, as was his leadout. Possibly the most impressive sprint so far this year!

As for the overall: when I was young, I was out skiing with my parents and my brother, and me and my brother crashed (me being the older, my parents always said I crashed into him...) Anyway, it seems that Ion and Gorka's parents have come to the same conclusions as our parents did back then: "I think it is best for both of them if we train them separately for a while".

With no Gorka to crash into, a well-disciplined #astana hands the first stage-race overall victory of the year to Ion Izagirre.  :)

• ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.