• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3283
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3275
Re: 54th Tirreno-Adriatico
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 00:00 »
I think Roglic always takes the telemark on the podium, at least I have seen it a few times before. One thing is to try a daring jump, the other thing is to stick the landing and  finish it off in style.
The irony (and the humour) is Roglic is famous for his BIG FAIL at that actually. This is one of the most horrible falls in that sport...

Of all modern ski flying hills, few none had the height of the jumper's trajectory above ground that Planica had. It's like he's falling down from 20 meters + , to 1) survive that 2) become an elite athlete in a very different sport - it is definetly not normal.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7409
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 07:06 »
    The irony (and the humour) is Roglic is famous for his BIG FAIL at that actually. This is one of the most horrible falls in that sport...
    Woah, that's an ugly crash. It's understandable that after something like that, he'll go into cycling thinking "it can't get worse, at least here I'm in contact with the ground at all times"!
    Any idea how/why the crash happened? Lost his balance? Sudden gust of wind?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12834
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #33 on: March 22, 2019, 07:57 »
    Yeah, wind affected, but overall he was not up for it yet. The stories about him are a bit exaggerated, he was not as good a jumper as reading cycling media makes you believe. At an age of 17, the Slowenians should not have brought him to Planica.

Some rules have been changed since then though, you are not allowed to line up such unexperienced athletes anymore, and many nations have started a 18+ approach for ski flying competition.

• ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Recent Posts