collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1535
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: 59th Itzulia Basque Country
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:05 »
He looked like a decent rider when he won a mountain stage in the Giro last year, so it is not a total surprise that he's riding well the year after that. With #quickstep Quickstep (last year)  he was one of a howlin pack of wolves so he got his chances, but not many of them. With #bore Bora he is a captain, riding with some support in many races, plus he is one year older: this cannot be surprise?   
he also wasn't too far off from winning the Fleche Wallonne with an early attack last year - which hasn't happened for ages - first dropping Nibali, then Haig, and still finished 8th after being caught on the mur.

I still didn't really expect him to win the sprint today, but I'd agree that in general his performance this week isn't a major surprise either. Strong in the time trial (2 time silver medallist in the U23 World Championships), good on the hills, decent kick... so be basically brings everything it takes.

Ok, you guys have a better memory for the lesser known names than I do! I sure don't remember the Giro victory! Ditto the Fleche.

Glad I have you folks around to keep me up to speed!  :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.