collapse

rote_laterne

• Domestique
  • Liked: 253
  • Awards: 2019 Tour CQ Game winner
Being late to the game I could only watch parts of AGR last Sunday. Saw MVdP's first attack with Izaguirre G. in tow, was surprised when I came back and Alaphilippe and Fuglsang were leading the race up until 7 km to go. Then I was only able to watch the last kilometer on youtube. Massive race by MVdP.  :cool

Last km Flèche on youtube: Expected winner, I did not expect Fuglsang being that strong and good showing of Lambrecht.

I like Alaphilippe but I crossing fingers for Fuglsang for Liège. Or Kwiatkowski, or Nibali.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13011
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    looks like it's gonna be pretty cold tomorrow, a bit of rain, less than 10°C throughout the day... will this bring some of the stronger, classics riders back in the game?!

It certainly shouldn't really be in Fuglsang's favour, for example.

Here are the first star ratings, by the way:

*be Het Nieuwsblad
    :*:*:*:*:* Alaphilippe
    :*:*:*:* Kwiatkowski, Fuglsang
    :*:*:* Matthews, Schachmann, Wellens
    :*:* Ulissi, Valverde, Dumoulin, Lambrecht
    :* Vanendert, Teuns, dew Plus, Bardet, Lutsenko
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3509
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
     :cool

Teaser (EN) - Liège Bastogne Liège 2019

• ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3314
    looks like it's gonna be pretty cold tomorrow, a bit of rain, less than 10°C throughout the day... will this bring some of the stronger, classics riders back in the game?!

Kristoff isn´t racing today, so the climbers have a chance this time!  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3016
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     The perils of naming your Giro team months in advance.
    Roglič loses his main mountain experience.
    Robert Gesink broke his collarbone and pelvis, today.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3016
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
      Quick-Step’s Bob Jungels Astana's Jakob Fuglsang pulled off a 20km solo breakaway to win the 201819  Liège-Bastogne-Liège.

The Luxembourger Dane attacked on the Roche-aux-Faucons climb and managed to hold off a chasing pack of big names to clinch the 27th 23rd win of the season for the Belgian Kazak squad.

:lol
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7499
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
      Quick-Step’s Bob Jungels Astana's Jakob Fuglsang pulled off a 20km solo breakaway to win the 201819  Liège-Bastogne-Liège.
    It was only 12-13 km though. :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

t-72

• Road Captain
    The perils of naming your Giro team months in advance.
    Roglič loses his main mountain experience.
    Robert Gesink broke his collarbone and pelvis, today.

No0oOo not that man, not again... poor fellow :gesink
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain

rote_laterne

• Domestique
    • Liked: 253
    • Awards: 2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    Deserved win by Fuglsang.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    Since no one else will keeps the accounts up to date here... :angry

Looking a bit into the rankings here #groupama David Gaudu always looked like a talent - but now he seems to literally have grown up (must be several kgs more of muscles on the 2019 edition).  With him, #mitchelton Yates x2 , #quickstep Alaphilippe, #wanty Martin, #uae Pogacar (assuming #uae don't empty him like he's Louis Meintjes) - there's a few contenders to keep this rolling for 10 years more  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    I was just watching the replay of Liège-Bastogne-Liège that aired last night on NBC Sports (1:30 am, the only time they broadcast it, apparently).

So I'm listening to the commentary of Steve Schlanger, who used to be accompanied by ex-pro Todd Gugulski, but I don't recognize the other voice, mostly because the audio was not very good—the levels were clipping, and it was a bit distorted. But I'm thinking to myself, Well whoever this guy is, he seems to be very well informed. And then he makes a reference to having raced under Marc Madiot. But I still couldn't place the voice. It wasn't until about the last 5km that he says, "When I had my Vuelta win..."

All that time, and I couldn't tell...it was Chris Horner!  :D

I had no idea he was doing TV commentary, although I've long said that he'd be great at it, and it seemed like a natural extension of his career. He's always had superb tactical insight, and was especially good at recapping his own races immediately afterward. So now I'm left to wonder if he's going to pop up on the Tour Tracker for California.

The weird thing is, when I went to the NBC Sports site, the highlight clips they had featured either an Aussie or Brit commentator (sorry for not being able to sort that out on my own). They don't even use their own American duo. I don't get it.

But the NBC site is horrible anyway. When I did a search on the site for Horner's name, the only thing that came up was a slide show of him through the years, with zero mention of him being a part of their TV crew.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chris-horner

Nor was there any mention on Horner's Wiki page. But then I just found this:
    https://twitter.com/hornerakg/status/1122885437440184320

So at least I wasn't imaging things.  :P

But not a single mention about Horner from the official @NBCSNCycling. I swear they're out to sabotage their own efforts to even cover the sport. They're such a joke. And the proof of that is their top tweet, with a link to their L-B-L highlight video has, at this time, all of TWO retweets, TEN "likes" and ZERO comments. And that's after at least 24 hours. Even better is their tweet from four days ago with their Fleche Wallonne highlights. It's got ZERO comments, ZERO retweets, and TWO "likes." I could get more response from posting a picture of lettuce.
    :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 03:46 by Drummer Boy »

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events