collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3280
#roompot Asselman won yesterday already? He was my stealth pick for today, because he is the king of chaos in the rain and a very sneaky tactictician :) Previous stage I remember him from was the Tour des Fjords 2016, stage 1 i think it was, which featured a «test lap» of the circuit course for the 2017 Bergen world championship road race course. Asselman won by sending the peloton into a tunnel going in the wrong direction, sneaked out a side exit and got back onto the course with a few other riders.
I was roadside, on the «salmon hill» climb. The weather was absolutely horrible, it was pouring down true Bergen style, and the peloton chasing Asselman, all with «this is not fun» faces - so obvious, I would have laughed my ass off, if I had any knowledge of what had happened. Unfortunately our TV setup had to be shut down and removed because of the rain, so we only noticed that it tok a very long time for the cyclists to appear. The peloton, led by #katusha Kristoff´s now famous domestique Nils Politt, couldn´t claw Asselman back in time, it was only 1 lap on the worlds course, and he defeated the rest of the away-sneakers in the sprint.

So, with this little anecdote - watch out for #roompot Asselman today too! Are there any good opportunities for tricking the peloton into a tunnel on the Worlds course?
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Recent Posts