collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3278
HUGE STAGE! Just finished watching and the final 50 km or so (from where they started splitting up the peloton in the crosswinds) is very much worth seeing. #ineos[1] #ccc and ..... the new kids on the block #riwal made the race, and I have never seen #riwal racing better than they did today, fantastic team effort with Vinjebo and Hagen at the front for long kilometres, sharing duties with the world tour crews.

Even better when #riwal Alexander Kamp started his sprint late off #didata Rasmus Tiller's wheel and reeled in the victory!  :boom

oh wait, it wasn't that unexpected, just read this stuff some guy posted higher up in the thread:
#riwal Aleksander Kamp - a very solid rider on this type of terrain and I think he can be the Dane to watch this year, with King Cort not showing up.
#axeon Kevin Vermaerke  - just off from the U23 LBL win, he is in great shape.

- adding these in case Kittel and Cavendish have nothing to show
#katusha Rick Zabel - usually good at this time of the year, surprised he is not in Frankfurt
#didata Rasmus Tiller - also a good rider suited for the terrain, not unlike Kamp but not so fast on the climbs

However, the most positive thing here for me is the breakthrough for our Scandinavian pro-conti team #riwal as a team. (OK, it is a *dk Danish team but they have 1 *se Swede and 2 *no Norwegians + 1 the one and only pro cyclists from the Faroe Isles *fo on the team).

PS: the site were #blue #roompot Jesper Asselman did cyclocross today was the same place were Geraint Thomas (who else) Ben Swift went down in the first edition. Almost the entire Sky team was going down there but Lars Petter Nordhaug and one more guy stayed on thttp://velorooms.com/index.php?action=post;msg=2248338;topic=9305.0heir feet, winning the stage and held on  to the lead to win the first edition's GC.

EDIT: my internal storage works this way IF captain_down = TRUE AND team = SKY THEN captain_name = THOMAS but that was actually wrong on this occasion, as MV pointed out. It was Swift. and the other Sky cyclist that escaped with Nordhaug to play 1-2 in the finale was Deignan. (I checked the results list at first cycling now.

BLAME: Late saturday night, so I shouldn't have posted?  :angel :lol :P 
 1. (if they get a jersey soon  :angel)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:44 by t-72, Reason: MV\'s bugging me and complaining about everything! :) »

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Recent Posts