collapse

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2851
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: [WT] Tour of California
« on: April 30, 2019, 01:12 »
I can't believe it's time for this race again. More than any other, this event always seems to catch me off guard.
(Maybe because it's usually so forgettable, year-to-year?  :shh)

#teamusa

https://www.usacycling.org/article/usa-cycling-announces-team-for-2019-amgen-tour-of-california

Huh?  :S
I had to look into this as I wasn't sure if I had just been living under a rock, or something. But no!
Colorado Springs, Colo. - USA Cycling announced today the seven riders to compete on the U.S. National Team at the 2019 Amgen Tour of California. This is the first time USA Cycling will be fielding a men’s team since the inaugural Tour of California.

“This will be my first time wearing the Red White and Blue National Team kit and I couldn’t be more excited and proud,” said McCabe, “I came into the sport late in my career but have always worked relentlessly to achieve my goals and this is a big one that I can finally check off. What makes it even better is that the Amgen Tour of California begin on my 30th birthday this year and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than to represent USA Cycling in the biggest race North America has to offer the world.”

Here's hoping for some interventions from Mother Nature to make 2019 memorable in one way or another. We've seen snow cancellations in Tahoe, and brutal wind and rain for a bridge crossing, but if typical California weather prevails this year, well...

I wonder if CVV is doing commentary with Phil?
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 01:34 by Drummer Boy »

Race Calendar

Today's Events