collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7317
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: [WT] Tour of California
« on: April 30, 2019, 08:28 »
I was surprised to see no Hincapie team, or I'm a just missing something? I get confused with all the name changes that organization has gone through over the years.
Basically, they missed the deadline to register for ProConti (probably because they hadn't secured enough sponsors at that point), so are only Conti this year. And unlike two years ago, Conti teams aren't allowed to do WT races anymore.

As for their 'goal of becoming a WorldTour team' ... :-x

Stephen Bassett is the guy in form this year. Won the Queen stage at Redlands and followed that up with the GC at Joe Martin. Unlucky to miss out you feel.
...for the same reason as some guys in TDU last year:
I feel sorry for the guy. He can't help it that his team isn't automatically part of that testing pool. Redlands was in March, which would have left enough time to put him in there - while Joe Martin finishes only five weeks before California begins. But he also won Oak Glen (seven weeks to go) ...
So, whose responsibility is it? Riders who desire selection to get into the testing pool on their own initiative (and cost?), or USA Cycling to put riders who perform well into the testing pool as quickly as possible?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Race Calendar