collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 7479
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: [WT] Tour of California
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2019, 21:24 »
https://twitter.com/AmgenTOC/status/1129849861862412288

I was thankfully correct about the stage. There was a bit of action.

Schachmann was the danger man in the BOTD. EF didn't follow my plan to put Morton in there, but decided instead to really push on the climb to Angeles Forest Highway. It wasn't tough enough to eliminate any of the main GC riders, but they were all isolated (for the time being) apart from the EF riders who had numbers.

They caught the break a while later and it contained a few team mates for various riders.

Onto the descent and TV coverage was breaking up/unavailable. Schachmann along with Hofstede and Cavagna went on the attack again (all three had been in the break). Remi's descending looked a bit better than the other day. Ballerini bridged and more interestingly so did Asgreen. The Dane was just twenty seconds down on the GC and at one point they had a gap of ~30 seconds over the other group of favourites.

It wasn't to be though. The three laps round the finishing Rose Bowl circuit enabled the peloton to catch the favourites and then the Asgreen group. Poor course design if you ask me.

• ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.