Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 4169
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: [WT] Tour of California
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2019, 16:15 »
:o :S

Here's my attempt at an explanation:
'A podium finish in Pasadena' could mean 'a podium on that stage', not overall.

I keep trying to respond but my browser keeps crashing like a pre-Sky Froome Time Trial.

I agree with your overall interpretation (I suppose there may have been one of the other jerseys in mind too, but who knows).

That's the problem with journalists getting too cute with what they're trying to convey.

A "podium in Pasadena," or a "podium down the road." Both are too vague. Say what you mean!!!

Also, the fact that Bob Roll and Christian VdV didn't offer any pushback or clarification didn't help either. Roll seemed to be implying a possible cumulative victory by mentioning those other stages. It's too bad we can't just read or hear McCabe's girlfriend's interview (if it was even that) for ourselves.

I don't want to put words into Travis' mouth that he never may have intended in the first place. He's still super enthusiastic about racing, and was more than happy just to be on Sagan's wheel for the opening sprint. A nice birthday present for him it was. I'm sure we'll more from him before the season is done.

Go Floyd's of Leadville! :win  :P
  • ReplyReply

•