collapse

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 12424
  • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Re: Stage 1: Bologna › San Luca
« on: May 10, 2019, 18:24 »
I have asked some guys I came across here over the past days, and from TT specialst (Campenaerts) to climber (Yates, Brambilla, Mollema; O'Connor) everyone said that a bike change is not an option for tomorrow. The potential benefits would be minimal, and the risk for something to go wrong too high.

Initially I had planed to chill at the start a bit and try to find a way up the climb later on by the way, but all those big guns starting early saw that plans changed of course... Meanwhile I have found a bus that brings me to the foot of the backside of the climb early on, but the Tripadvisor rating of that little, steep path up there says you should "bring good shoes, and better be in shape".

Needless to say, I fulfill neither of those requirements :D. So let's see how it goes tomorrow... let's hope it'll stay dry at least (:
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"