collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11125
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
After yesterdays 205 km today 220 km will put another sting into the legs of the riders

yesterdays results

Todays stage i one word

Rollin

a classic Giro sprint stage, where that night riders post how many meters of climbing they did

Once the pace hits the finish nice and flat run in

So will be a sprint and being the Giro it will be messy

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12686
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    I'll be heading towards South tomorrow morning. My hotel is a bit North of Orbetello, so still trying to figure out what could be a good spot to watch the race. The last climb would be an option, but it'll probably be fairly uneventful... maybe that long stretch down the coast, or that little bridge in the end, or right at the finish... hard to say. I fear at neither of those places I'll be able to witness more that 30 seconds of action?! :D
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2853
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     Lets see if these are any better, as the official site links are chopping bits off as they do every year. :D

The red bike sign could be exactly where Search ends up tomorrow. :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1034

So based on that finish map they've decided to throw in a chicane at about 250m to go just to create an unneccesary problem. Why not finish before that chicane and they still would have had a straight flat run in of more than 1km
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3212
    Comeon! This stinks crosswinds, bordures and all that in the finish 13 - 5 km remaining on that sandbar! It is going to be fun, watch for #quickstep Bob Jungels to blow the peloton to pieces again"
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    So based on that finish map they've decided to throw in a chicane at about 250m to go just to create an unneccesary problem. Why not finish before that chicane and they still would have had a straight flat run in of more than 1km

it's more like 450m or so to go, but yeah.. the corner entry could be a problem

But maybe they are lucky, and with the massive headwind on that stretch the speeds won't be too high anyway. And as T-72 said, there's a good chance of echelons on those couple of k before (mainly before and after entering that long stretch on the sandbank)
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7335
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Because this is the Giro! :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1601
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    Did Viviani get relegated for rubbing his nipples in a sexually suggestive way?
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    a bit of a joke really.

50 points penalty as well, while Gaviria hopes "to really win a stage in the eight coming days", so that's two contenders to strike off the list for #ciclamino. If they keep stealing points though, it could get very interesting
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 20:24 by search »

search

• World Champion

In the end I found a nice motorhome with a rooftop terrace at the 50m to go mark, and they probably had planed to invite me in anyway :P

Everyone else there tried to film the sprint, maybe to show their grandparents later on in case Youtube plans to delete its database, so I'll save you that and go all pink

well, and yellow

A nice little town that is btw
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
     Well, here's a sprint today that Viviani did win. :lol

https://twitter.com/Han_Kock/status/1127978301467844608
  • ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3126
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    Did Viviani get relegated for rubbing his nipples in a sexually suggestive way?

It was disturbing.

---------------------------

I watched so much cycling today—between Italy and California, and since this was so many hours ago—that I'd already forgotten about Viviani's relegation and the long solo break by the "sho stopper." Anyway, for the record... 

Stage 3 Highlights

• ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3979
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    Watching the original sprint I thought Vivianni had a case to answer ...

But looking at the replay - if you watch him and follow the barrier he didnt move that far off his line.  The lines on the road make it appear MUCH worse than it was as the lines go off into the barriers.   

He may have been a bit hard done by there
  • ReplyReply

•