collapse

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 12532
  • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Stage 15: Ivrea › Como
« on: May 26, 2019, 08:32 »
Stage 15: Ivrea › Como

May 26th

The race continues with a "piccolo" Giro di Lombardia today:

They don't do the Muro di Sormano, so the decision will probably come on the Civiglio

On from the top, it's straight down to the finish, not using the little cobbled climb as they often did before

Nibali will give it a go, I guess - but probably long after the breakaway has made it to the finish
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2711
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    Re: Stage 15: Ivrea › Como
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 18:17 »
    Jumbo covering themselves in glory.
    Apparently at the moment Roglic had a mechanical the DS had stopped for a pee and the bike he swapped onto had broken derailleur. :fp

Now confirmed:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/giro-ditalia/primoz-roglic-remaining-pragmatic-mechanical-crash-costs-valuable-time-giro-ditalia-425123
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 19:15 by Mellow Velo »
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3111
    « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 23:09 »
    #trek Bauke Mollema started a little discussion on twitter after the race - positioning of TV motos favored the peloton all day, he said. This started a long discussion (see twitter thread for details in 12 languagues...

https://twitter.com/BaukeMollema/status/1132693331505496070
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1534
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 03:42 »
    I am Ho Li Kau, and I am a drunk - or so goes a novel I once read - paraphrased slightly. Because he was only Ho Li,

AND TODAY WAS HO LI KAU!

Sure as heck a lot more action going down at this point than I thought would be. Of course, Dumoulin is gone, and he would have changed the tone of affairs. But I don't think he would have been at the head of affairs by this day. Nibali, OMG. We are seeing the Nibali who has won GT, for the first time in a long time. And it's beautiful. But CARAPAZ, talk about OMG moments, eh? Nibali pulled out a massive gap on the final descent today! And Carapaz brought it back! Ho Li Wow. Freaking amazing.

Vincenco, you have my vote. You have my cheers, but Carapaz looks like he's the man this time. My forecast today: Nibali on the 2nd step. Carapaz on the first. 3rd step is still open - but Roglic might hang in there.

It is a new generation.

Oh, yeah. BTW - beautiful stage. Lovely. A real race.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2941
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 06:07 »
    From the Live Chat:  :P
    Drummer Boy: But it's way too nice outside for me, and this stage is likely to lead to very little, so I won't be around long.
    May 26, 2019, 08:59

I suppose I somewhat jinxed guaranteed it.  :-x

It was nice outside today, and I put in a 9 hour ride of my own, so I've no regrets. But I'm glad tomorrow is a rest so that I can fully catch up on all the latest developments.
     :S

3rd step is still open - but Roglic might hang in there.
    :slow  :shh :yuush :angry

I'm glad that Primož didn't perform a "Frank Schleck" on that barrier, but the ski jumper is not done just yet.
     ;)

• ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2941
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 12:50 »
    Stage 15 | Highlights
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12532
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 14:50 »
    Apparently at the moment Roglic had a mechanical the DS had stopped for a pee and the bike he swapped onto had broken derailleur. :fp

Now confirmed:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/giro-ditalia/primoz-roglic-remaining-pragmatic-mechanical-crash-costs-valuable-time-giro-ditalia-425123

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1133002729775869959
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1534
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 19:12 »

Now confirmed:

Now THAT, is a :fp moment that the DS will likely never forget. Or live down.

From the Live Chat:  :P
    I suppose I somewhat jinxed guaranteed it.  :-x

It was nice outside today, and I put in a 9 hour ride of my own, so I've no regrets. But I'm glad tomorrow is a rest so that I can fully catch up on all the latest developments.
     :S

:slow  :shh :yuush :angry

I'm glad that Primož didn't perform a "Frank Schleck" on that barrier, but the ski jumper is not done just yet.
     ;)

Well, ya never know. This is a great edition, so far. And Primoz might figure out a way back. I'm certainly seeing more podiums in his future! I'm loving seeing Nibali back in action. This may seem odd, but I'm also liking seeing Carapaz looking so good - and better than Landa. Landa and Quintana have left me a bit sour[1] , but Movistar has been great for activating the GTs, so seeing them get a result, other than Valverde, gives me good feelings.
     1. Landa because he's seemed arrogant. Quintana because he never seems to have the legs when he ought to.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Critérium du Dauphiné by search
    [Today at 09:26]

Re: Critérium du Dauphiné by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 00:57]

Re: Critérium du Dauphiné by LukasCPH
    [June 16, 2019, 23:24]

Re: Critérium du Dauphiné by Drummer Boy
    [June 16, 2019, 22:58]

Re: 83rd Tour de Suisse, June 15th-23rd 2019 by search