collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1639
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Stage 19: TREVISO-->SAN MARTINO DI CASTROZZA
« on: May 29, 2019, 19:52 »
Has Yates found his legs yet? Just the sort of stage where he was going for all the bonus points last year. I don't expect any major action. It's not a hard enough climb, and we've too many good climbers who are in form this time around. More likely a stage where everyone watches each other - although we might see some attacks for the bonus seconds at the line.

• ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3872
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    I don't expect any major action. It's not a hard enough climb...

But that could, possibly, work to Roglič's advantage. Maybe.

He doesn't have the form to dominate on the steepest climbs, but he may very well have some kick left in him for a stage like this. Nibali and Carapaz have been burning hot, and if Primož has fresher legs on this stage, perhaps he could reassert himself into contention.

I haven't lost all hope just yet.  :angel
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13502
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    the last time this climb was used as a stage finish was in the 2010 Giro del Trentino. Back then they did Passo del Brocon before it, and it still wasn't overly selective

May be a bit of a different story at the end of the 3rd week, but overall this looks like a fairly poorly designed stage.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1639
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    . . .

May be a bit of a different story at the end of the 3rd week, but overall this looks like a fairly poorly designed stage.
    :D At least, not a selective stage! Other than seeing who can go in the red the longest in the final meters, I don't see any opportunities here.

Domani, amico.
  • ReplyReply

•