collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1616
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: Critérium du Dauphiné
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2019, 18:27 »
Some crazy bad weather this year. Yates and Kruijswijk abandon. Birdsong is the man. Interesting.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3507
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 22:58 »
    I only just discovered that NBC Sports has been running daily highlight reels on Youtube. Some good visuals, but whoever does the voiceover is mind-numblingly dull, making it very difficult to sit through. Not sure if the stage was as boring as it appears here, but Yates dropping out, and Alaphilippe easing off were certainly a surprise.

NBC only offers some of these races live through their paid streaming "Gold" subscription. The website mentions nothing of any other broadcast, and no links or any hints that they'll be posting content on Youtube. But they do run an hour-long highlight show on the regular NBC sports TV channel at 2:00 am. They've snuck those in in the past, and I simply forgot to check for them for the Dauphiné. They're not advertised anywhere, so you have to scan through the channel guide to even discover them. The disconnect is astounding, considering the magnitude of NBC Sports in general. The fans are completely left to themselves when it comes to cycling.

Anyway, this is the latest, and final installment for this race.

Criterium du Dauphine 2019: Stage 8 | EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS | Cycling on NBC Sports

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7499
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 23:24 »
    Anyway, this is the latest, and final installment for this race.

Criterium du Dauphine 2019: Stage 8 | EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS | Cycling on NBC Sports
    Says "Not available in your country" for me.
    Makes sense, NBC wouldn't want those Euros who can see the race live to watch your 'highlights'. :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #33 on: June 17, 2019, 00:57 »
    Says "Not available in your country" for me.

Of course. I should've seen that coming. If it were on their own site I could understand, but on YouTube?

Redonkulous.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13004
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #34 on: June 17, 2019, 09:26 »
    Mont Ventoux Dénivelé Challenge

June 16th

One day after the Dauphiné, the climbers will have a chance to climb Mont Ventoux in a new one-day race, the Mont Ventoux Dénivelé Challenge. The UCI 1.1 category event will start in Vaison-la-Romaine and feature eight climbs over the 185-kilometre route before the summit finish on the ‘giant of Provence’.

Not too many teams are grabbing the chance to come right over from the Dauphiné though:

UCI WORLD Team Teams:
        #ef TEAM EF EDUCATION FIRST-DRAPAC P/B CANNONDALE-USA
        #ag2r AG2R La Mondiale PRO CYCLING TEAM-FRANCE
        #groupama GROUPAMA-FDJ-FRANCE

UCI PRO CONTINENTAL Teams Teams:

#cofidis TEAM COFIDIS-FRANCE
        #vital VITAL CONCEPT-HOTELS B&B-FRANCE
        #arkea ARKEA Samsic-FRANCE
        #cajarural CAJA RURAL-Spain
        #delko DELKO MARSEILLE PROVENCE-FRANCE
        #direct DIRECT ENERGIE-FRANCE
        #murias Murias EUSKADI-Spain

UCI CONTINENTAL Teams Teams:
        #amore AMORE & VITA
        #interpro INTERPRO (JAPAN-FRANCE)

The race will be live on Eurosport, l'Équipe21 and Rai Sport

so, this is on today. Here is a better profile:

and the final ~pdf start list

In the end, apart from #ag2r Romain Bardet almost no one came over straight from the Dauphiné. With Vuillermoz, Peters, Gallopin and Dupont on his side, Ag2R also brings by far the strongest team in general. A potential challenge may come from #ef Dombrowski, #total Taaramäe, #murias Rodriguez & Bizkarra, #cofidis Herrada & Atapuma or #delko el Fares

live coverage on Rai Sport and l'Equipe starts around ~13:15. In GB, it's also on Eurosport 2
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3016
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #35 on: June 17, 2019, 13:37 »
     A dull Dauphine wasn't it?
    That last stage, the GC boys were 45" slower than Van Baarle and Haig over the final 2 climbs. :S
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13004
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013

Trudgin

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 818
    • Contador, Sagan, Purito, Paolini et all
    • Awards: 3rd place after Tour Down Under in Official Prediction Game ;PVelogames Giro Winner 2015
    « Reply #37 on: June 17, 2019, 20:26 »
    That last stage, the GC boys were 45" slower than Van Baarle and Haig over the final 2 climbs. :S

But i won velogames

Just in case you missed it
  • ReplyReply
  • I love Italian cycling, well cyclists & the odd Spaniard, oh & that 1 particular Slovakian  then there are those with names  that are great fun - zzzdnek steeeebar & Tieeeeeeeesj Benoooot

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 04:48 »
    Not sure if the stage was as boring as it appears here, but...

Yes.  :D

Meanwhile on the Ventoux "moonscape"...

What amounted to little more than a training ride was oddly enjoyable to watch for some reason.

For me it was perfect, actually. Little more than an hour or so of cycling coverage to start the day was not bad at all. I tuned in just in time as they were approaching the slopes, and it was done and dusted in the time that it took me to enjoy some breakfast.

The weather seemed mostly pleasant for the riders, which of course meant little excitement or drama for us. But I suppose we used up all our bad weather credit in the second-to-last day of the Dauphiné. There's only so much wind and rain to go around.

As soon as Romain Bardet #ag2r and Jesus Herrada  #cofidis separated themselves from the pack, it was a two-man race and never looked to be anything other than that. Herrada was clearly the more comfortable of the two, and regardless of Bardet's questionable tactics (he seemed unwilling to force the work onto Herrada) the outcome was inevitable. Herrada was too fresh and too strong, and easily asserted himself in the final few hundred meters with an authority that Bardet was unable to match.

Bardet's previous week of racing had likely left him in a deficit that was too much to overcome, and although he was clearly stronger than all but one on the mountain today, he will now head into the TdF without a much-needed win on his shoulders.

The only other point of interest to me was the unexpected showing from Adrien Guillonet  #interpro (Interpro Cycling Academy). As the leading duo split from the bunch, it appeared that just maybe Guillonet would have a shot at the third step on the podium as he toggled a bit with Rein Taaramae  #total (who would eventually claim that spot for himself). Guillonet ended up missing out on even the Top 10 as he came in 13th, but he did plant his name on the lips of a few commentators, which should bode well for him moving forward. 
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3016
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #39 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16 »
     Somebody elsewhere mentioned Bardet's probably fatigue after eight days of racing, as a factor.
    Not sure what that says about his chances over 3 weeks.
    Also, Herrada while rested, had been riding and winning the Tour of Luxembourg a few days earlier.
    To me Bardet looks a few percent below the last couple of years. Herrada, on the other hand, is in some form.
    A two man selection made with a third of the climb left reflects the poor overall field quality.
    Bottom line is that I'm not sure whether this race has a future or not.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Recent Posts