collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3270
I thought I had written a thread on safety issues before, but it's been a while and I can't find all of it, so I figured we might as well put everything into a new thread from now on.

I will let #ag2r Oliver Naesen and #wallonie Justin Jules introduce one of the simplest problems to do something about - The inverted Y barriers often seen everywhere along the course. They are dangerous, because it is possible to hit the inverted Y-leg with the wheel while still cycling inside the fence, especially for a wobbling sprinter. This is how not to put up fences, and Justin Jules will do a little deomstration here to show the consequences of such neglect.

https://twitter.com/OliverNaesen/status/1136687802459009024

Here's the correct way to do it (I did write about this for the 2017 worlds, where they did it right. ) Use at least some L-barriers

I was downtown last night, and I have to revise my impression a little: previously I have been reporting from locations outside the city centre, in these locations there are only inverted-Y barriers, and literally, there are miles of them. However, yesterday I got to see the finish and the last 500 meters (possibly more) there are actually L-barriers all the way. A quite good prioritization of the resources I'll say.  :cool

(This is the final 150 meters, from the Bybanen tracks to the finish line).
  • ReplyReply

•