collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3868
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: TdF 2019 General Discussion
« on: July 23, 2019, 08:36 »
 :onfire1 :onfire1 :onfire1 :onfire1 :onfire1 :onfire1

The heatwave returns to much of Europe this week, but with it, according to current forecasts, will be thunderstorms for what could turn out to be legendary stages 17 - 20.

Today's stage 16 is projected to be sunny and hot  :flustered,  but being a relatively flat sprint stage, the heat shouldn't impact the outcome or overall standings too much.

However, with the Tour to be finally sorted out in the few days following, the weather on tap could prove to be quite eventful. 
:cool

I was expecting the heat to have devastating effects on some of the contenders, but it looks like the decisive mountain stages will be accompanied by thunderstorms!

Although this race is shaping up to be one of the best editions of Le Tour in years, I was thinking that some "special" weather might be necessary to catapult it into one of the all-time greats. Is that what we have on the horizon?

I wouldn't want to see the race determined by temps alone, and by which team might have the most cold bottles strung out along the course. But as the rain will likely bring a substantial reprieve from the scorching sun, bike handling, brake choices, and tyre selection may determine, more than anything else, who occupies the podium in Paris.

It's been a mostly-dry Tour thus far, but if forecasts are to be believed, that's all about to change as the race heads into the Alps. 
:)

• ReplyReply

•