collapse

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3026
  • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3573
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: TdF 2019 General Discussion
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2019, 22:34 »
Ineos - 1-2 in the Tour is nothing to be sneezed at - especially when your best and most accomplished rider is sitting in a hospital bed and looking at months of recovery (if ever).

Have you been following his remarkable progress? He practically looks like he'll be ready for the Vuelta. Not sure what to make of any of it, but I expect to see him back next year, threatening the GC again.

I thought they #ineos played the race well.  They didnt do what was expected and control things all day every day ... they let other teams do it.

I think it's mostly due to their inability to control things they way they would've liked. Kwiatkowski struggled to assert himself in the way he usually might, and Bernal even showed some limitations early on.

In spite of their expected strong performance (2nd place) in the TTT, the whole team seemed off their game a bit.

• ReplyReply

• Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3573
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    Re: TdF 2019 General Discussion
    « Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09 »
    The answer lies in asking the same question of the guys who finished 3rd and 4th. ;)

Fo sho. We could add 7th, 9th and 10th for good measure as well.

I think they should create a new  #white white jersey for 4th place  *de Buchmann  #bora, as he was the ghost of the Tour.

Hardly ever knew he was there.

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts