collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8047
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: Team Sponsorship 19/20
« on: July 27, 2019, 20:11 »
There may be a 2nd Hungarian PCT team though. Or will Rebellin sign for Kometa? :dizzy

https://twitter.com/WielerFlits/status/1155094450051440642

Epowers Factory Team.

“The team will be essentially Hungarian, but we will also contract a number of European cyclists. And I mean mainly French and Italian drivers. ”One of those riders is an old acquaintance: Davide Rebellin. The 47-year-old Italian is currently heading for the Croatian Meridiana Kamen.

“We will soon also appoint a sporting director who is responsible for putting together a team. We want to attract at least three very good riders, so that we are immediately competitive. ”

In short, Pocze and Epowers Factory Team want to go to the Giro, but previously Kometa - the training team of Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso - also wanted to participate in the Tour of Italy. This is not surprising, since main sponsor Kometa is a Hungarian company.

"I know, however, that we are the only Hungarian team eligible for a wildcard," said Pocze.

I'm very sceptical, but you never know.

As to the last point, the general consensus is that Kometa will be an Italian registered PCT outfit, so he's technically right about Epowers being the only Hungarian applicant.
  • ReplyReply

•