collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1606
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: Saint-Flour > Albi Stage 10 - 217,5 km
« on: July 17, 2019, 13:13 »
Possibly the most telling of everything I saw yesterday was the way Pinot reacted at the end of the stage, when interviewed and I compare that to how I imagine Thomas would have spoken, had it been him.
 Mentality, it seemed to me that Pinot was crushed; half way to losing the whole race, in his head. Some serious psychological damage repair required over this rest day.
 As for Uran and EF, for causing the split, they blame..................well................EF.

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/ill-fated-echelons-how-ef-education-first-missed-the-move-it-started/

I like the ending. Pretty much fills in the blanks:
So if it wasn’t planning, was it execution? EF, by Woods’ own admission, went a bit early.

The most likely answer is the obvious one: It wasn’t planning or timing, it was the combined horsepower of the world’s best lead-out train, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, a bunch of strongmen from Bora-Hansgrohe, and four world-class classics men from Ineos.

Brailsford nailed it: “Once you’ve got those guys on the front, you’re not bringing them back.”
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .