collapse

Zander2

• Coach Potato
  • Liked: 0
What do you have for breakfast?
« on: July 22, 2019, 14:34 »
I was just preparing my cereal for my breakfast tomorrow, Weet-bix,
คาสิโนสดUfabet
sultanas and milk (to be added in the morning)
and I though it might be something we could discuss.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 7772
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Re: What do you have for breakfast?
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 22:25 »
    Porridge with a little bit of maple syrup and a cup of tea.

Back when I was knee high to a grasshopper I remember my mother making the porridge the night before. Fast forward 30+ years and I just microwave it.
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1650
    « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 20:11 »
    Buckwheat flakes with rice milk. All organic !

By the way, I think the best is to not have any breakfast. Eating in the evening is better for digestion. Personally I can't afford to do it because I still suffer a bit from acid reflux, so I can't stay long without eating but if you can try to skip breakfast.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 20:29 »

I normally skip it.

I don't miss it however, as lunch is 11 at work.

When I am on vacation, I will grab late breakfast at the hotel and then miss lunch instead.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2879
    • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 08:16 »
    I was just preparing my cereal for my breakfast tomorrow, Weet-bix,
    คาสิโนสดUfabet
    sultanas and milk (to be added in the morning)
    and I though it might be something we could discuss.

You prepare Weetabix in advance?  How hurried are you in the morning?  Man, wake up 30 seconds earlier and the problem will be solved.

Me:Weetabix as well, scrunched up, drowned in milk, and with more sugar (nowadays half-sugar) than is healthy, same as most mornings for the last 50 years or so.

(Why are weetabix and its clones sold with no indication of weight on the packet?  I wonder how much they have surreptitiously been reduced in size down the years.)
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1606
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 18:40 »
    I sometimes have a late breakfast, but these days it is always hearty. Meat. Got to have some meat. Sometimes it will be in the form of a eggs scrambled with meat and potatoes, maybe a spoonful of beans, in a burrito. Sometimes just eggs with meat scrambled, and whatever bread might be around. Sometimes it's just cold leftovers from the fridge with a toasted bagel.

If I did a commercial cereal and milk, I'd be right back to sleep.

Oh - and coffee.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Kiwirider

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 434
    « Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 02:02 »
    (Why are weetabix and its clones sold with no indication of weight on the packet?  I wonder how much they have surreptitiously been reduced in size down the years.)

Must be 'cos you're eating some cheap and nasty knock off rather than the original ...  ;)

For some reason I can't paste in a picture, but the nutrition info on this page is the same as on the nutrition panel from the side of a packet of NZ Sanitarium Weet-bix (which, along with it's Aussie cousin, is the original of these types of products).
    I haven't bought the product for about 10 years (ie., since when I moved to Canada), but I remember that the 30g for 2 "bix" was the standard back then ...

https://www.sanitarium.co.nz/products/weet-bix/weet-bix/original#2
  • ReplyReply

• Kiwirider

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 434
    « Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 02:16 »
    During the week, muesli and yoghurt ... and an average sort of cup of coffee

On the weekend or when I'm home in between projects, mostly eggs on toast - scrambled if I'm on project, poached if I'm at home. (I'm fussy about poached eggs and we have an egg poacher at home ...)
    Occasionally I will buy breakfast. At home, that means a trip to the bakery for some pastries ...  :D
    On project, that means heading to the cafe on the ground floor in my apartment building for some sort of cooked breaky ...

Espresso also figures heavily on weekends and at home.

:D :D :D
  • ReplyReply

• Caruut

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 514
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 12:02 »
    Usually Lidl's very reasonably-priced knockoff of Special K, so bran flakes with dried fruit and milk. But that's mostly because both me and my partner like it, so it's the easiest thing.

What I prefer, and sometimes have, is hummus and pitta bread. I don't really like sweet breakfasts, and I'm a vegetarian who's not the biggest fan of eggs, so that's a nice easy meal for morning-me to fix up.
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 243
    • Awards: 2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    « Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 18:39 »
    Black coffee. That's it on weekdays.

On weekends: cereals with greek yoghurt or roll with butter and jam.

But I do love breakfast when I'm staying at hotels.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts