collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3315
Re: Vuelta Start List
« on: August 21, 2019, 07:09 »
He has had quite a good first season on WT level for sure, with some very decent performances on hilly terrain, but turning that into a Vuelta Top 10 sounds like a tough task to me.

I agree, it sounds like a long shot, but then again  top 10 GC in a GT is considered a longer term goal. He isn´t under pressure to perform in the vuelta, but if he ever wants to get there, he probably can´t start a three week tour by dropping 5 minutes to be allowed to get into the breakaways and hunt for stage wins.
I think he wants to test the level of the competition, and it is great if #lotto allows him to do that. They have been very good at their rider development with CFH.

With the big IF of how the Lambrecht tragedy has impacted his (and the teams) preparations, Calle is one possible positive surprise this year. He is developing rapidly and we haven´t seen his limitations in terms of long stage races yet, but dropping Alaphilippe on the last stage of the Dauphine is quite a good sign, isn´t it? (let´s disregard van Baarle taking the stage!  :angel)
  • ReplyReply

•