collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3316
Sure, the vuelta is a bit more difficult to predict because it is almost never a season objective for the major teams, and racers keep getting added and removed depending on the season so far and plans for the world championship, next year's grand tours and so on. I took a look at the start list and the TTT actually looks better than I expected.

There are a few teams that bring more than a few well trained engines and what remains to be seen if the other wagons have any capabilities, and if the team coordination detail is there - or if it is lacking. TTT's can't really be calculated from individual riders. For example, putting Victor Campanaerts and/or Thomas de Gent on the Lotto squad is a bit of a lottery, as they may be capable of involuntarily dropping half the team by simply stepping on the pedals.

Lets take a look at the list of teams, and  the usual suspects:
#ineos bring their B-squad and I guess DLC is their top guy? They have Stannard, Kiryenka, Doull, and they need 2 more for the finish line. De la Cruz and ... Puccio then?
#sunweb also bring a B-squad and they are now a bit headless, unless you think Kelderman is still a GC captain. However, this is a team that more often than not knows how to act like a team. I can not forget their double championship in 2017 easily.
#astana with Izaguirre2, LL Sanchez, Miguel Angel, Fraile and Fuglsang - possibly the strongest lineup here?
#movistar Erviti, Oliveira, Soler, Valverde, Carapaz, Quintana, and two that won't get far. Strong team anyway.
#jumbo Tony Martin, Primoz Roglic, Kruijwiswijk, Bennet, Hofstede + Gesink, Kuss and Powless hanging on for dear life?

I don't think the first #red rojo jersey will be handed out for free  :cool
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts