collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11186
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Stage 7 > Mas de la Costa 183,2 km - Mountain
« on: August 27, 2019, 16:53 »
F. ESCARTÍN'S COMMENT
The first 80 km hug the coastline passing over flat terrain. The second part heads inland in the province of Castellón with two 2nd category climbs and another two 3rd category mountain passes before the finish at the extremely challenging Mas de la Costa, which will test the overall favourites, who will need to keep an eye on the rivals if they don’t want to lose time.

Last time the were here Mattis Frank won the stage and the Four of Contador, Froome, Quintana and Chaves finished around the same time.

should really see who is going to well and who is not after todays finish

results of yesterdays stage

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3573
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015

Last time the were here Mattis Frank won the stage and the Four of Contador, Froome, Quintana and Chaves finished around the same time.

That graph doesn't do the climb justice. There are parts at over 20%, including one section of 22% within the first kilometer alone.
    :o

Also, this climb was tackled in the 2017 Tour of Valencia, and the winner on that day was...

Nairo Quintana.

Certainly a climb more suited to the likes of López than Roglič.

It should be decisive though, and will likely reveal the difference between the contenders and the pretenders.  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3024
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game

That graph doesn't do the climb justice. There are parts at over 20%, including one section of 22% within the first kilometer alone.
    :o

How about these profiles?

;)

Certainly a climb more suited to the likes of López than Roglič.

Guess who won after not once, but twice up here?

:D ;)

• ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13142
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Guess who won after not once, but twice up here?

:D ;)

I'd say at ~4k length it's a bit of a different kind of effort though. Quintana won here in the past, as DB mentioned, and he also was 1st from the peloton on the La Camperona stage last year (4.2k at 11%), while I don't think he would be anywhere close to the best on such a short muro as in Tirreno.

But Roglic also was strong in Mende in the Tour last year (3k at 10%), so it doesn't mean that he won't be compatitive of course.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3573
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    It turned out to be quite an entertaining finale.  :cool

I'm happy with Valverde taking the win, as I feel it's good for the sport for the #rainbow to win in dramatic fashion, on a dramatic stage, regardless of whose shoulders it rests upon.

I was also pleasantly impressed with Primož's ability to calmly stay in contention right to the very end.

He's got his work cut out for him though, with both Quintana and Valverde exhibiting impressive form. The iTT should work in his favor, but taking on two former winners of La Vuelta, who also have strong team support, will require his very best effort in the coming weeks.

Superman López is no slouch either  :P so we should at least have a good four-way battle to look forward to in the coming stages.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [December 08, 2019, 19:58]

Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2019 by Echoes
    [December 08, 2019, 11:34]

Re: Retirement announcements by Echoes
    [December 08, 2019, 11:19]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [December 08, 2019, 09:35]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by mudplugger