collapse

jimbo308

• Coach Potato
  • Liked: 1
Boredom while indoor training
« on: November 26, 2019, 08:45 »
Hi all

This is my first post here. One question I wanted to put out there regarding indoor training.

Does anyone get bored? And, if so, how do you deal with it?

And I include Zwift in this, because that can get a bit dull too.

Cheers

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7563
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: Boredom while indoor training
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:57 »
    Welcome to Velorooms! :welcome
    If you want to, you can introduce yourself here.

I don't ride indoors. :D[1]

A couple of years ago, I bought a cheap indoor trainer, nothing fancy, just a contraption to fit the rearwheel into with a magnetic (?) roll that provided resistance. Used it a few times, found it was boring as a very boring thing, and that you sweat like a pig because there's no airflow.
    So I rather wrapped up warm and headed outside, even in winter, and gave the indoor trainer away to a kid who'd use it. ;)

Mind you, I'm not specifically training, just riding my bike.
     1. except for track cycling
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1078
    « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 08:43 »
    Hi all

This is my first post here. One question I wanted to put out there regarding indoor training.

And I include Zwift in this, because that can get a bit dull too.

Cheers

Any indoor training I've ever done I've just set up the indoor trainer with a tv in front of it so I can watch a film or tv show while training.
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1669
    « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 11:39 »
    Any indoor training I've ever done I've just set up the indoor trainer with a tv in front of it so I can watch a film or tv show while training.

Pretty much the same. I'm riding 30 minutes a day on my indoor trainer, everyday but the days I'm riding outside but most of the time I'm riding indoors. Usually I put my laptop in front, watching a show or listening to music. However when I'm riding early in the morning and am hardly awake, I don't feel like bringing the laptop in front and that's when it gets boring. I'm just telling myself that half an hour quickly passes ...
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Recent Posts