collapse

skidmark

• 2nd Year Pro
  • Liked: 972
  • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
2020 CQ Game Thread
« on: December 19, 2019, 20:56 »
Hi all, and welcome to the 2020 CQ Ranking Manager Game! This is the tenth edition of the game. Please see below for some history, basics, and more specific rules related to dates, dopers, etc.

History

The game was launched on December 8th 2010 by cyclingnews forum poster Hugo Koblet. His idea was to have a game where you build a cycling team from the website cqranking.com and its comprehensive numerical rankings of riders. What was originally meant to be a 25-team max competition that Hugo reserved the right to cancel if there was lack of interest became the most successful game in cyclingnews forum history, and has expanded to velorooms forums as well.

Hugo successfully ran the game for 3 years, and it bred various offshoots, such as a youth game, seasonal games (classics and GTs), emerging riders and riders in decline games. I took over organizing the main game for 2014 when Hugo got too busy, and have done so for the past five years. See the second post in this thread for a roll of honour of yearly champions.

That is it for preamble. Let’s go through the more comprehensive set of rules:

Basics

The game is based on the point system developed by the website www.cqranking.com. Based on this system you will have to select a team of between 25 and 33 riders whose combined value doesn’t exceed 7500 points. 7500 points is a fair bit under the mean for the ProTour teams whose mean for 2019 is 8716. 7500 is closest to the amount of points Trek Segafredo made this season, the 11th ranked of the 18 WT teams.

Your aim then is to select a team of riders who will increase their 2019 score the most during the 2020 season. The winner of the game is the one who has selected the team with the highest combined value when the game ends.

1. How the game works

1.1. Start & Finish

The season starts when the first race giving CQ points is held (which is the Aussie National Road Championships on January 8th) and ends when the last major race (.1 or higher) is held. The winner will be crowned when the next update after the last major race is out.*

*An extension will be granted to the end of season if it is very close at the top. If any teams are within 100 points of the leader after the last major race, the season will be automatically extended until the final race of the year unless all teams within 100 points explicitly concede. As well, anyone in the top 10 can extend the season by PMing me a request to do so before the last major race starts.

(The reason for this rule is that although minor races go through December, it is rare to have a rider in the game participate in these races, so it is sensible to end the season when people are still generally watching cycling. But if it's a very close race, it's important to crown the person who picked the best team for the year.)

1.2 Updates
Each week we will publish an update with a top 10 and a list of the high scorers and high jumpers. This will sometimes be by me, and sometimes by others – I will be setting a tentative schedule based on volunteers.

Post Merge: December 19, 2019, 20:59

2. On doping

2.1. On ex-dopers
All riders are available to choose, except for riders who are provisionally suspended by the UCI (as of their most recent list).

Riders who have been suspended for doping and had that affect their 2019 score will not be available simply for their 2019 score. Instead, a rider’s value will be equivalent to that of his last full season; or, if he has more recently had a (not full, due to suspension) season in which he has earned more points, that season represents his value. Riders who have been suspended by the UCI (ie. Not merely provisionally suspended) are on this list.

Therefore, you can pick any rider you like, but if you want to take Davide Appollonio, for example (his suspension ended in 2019), he got 38 points in 2019, but that is a partial season as his ban ended mid-season. His positive result and suspension came from 2015, meaning his last 'full' season was 2014, in which he scored 237 points. He scored fewer points in his 'partial' 2015 season (102) and his 'partial' 2019 season, so his cost is his last 'full' season. But if he had scored, say, 300 points in 2015 or 2019, that would be his cost instead.

Hopefully the lists I've provided and the rules are clear enough, but if you make an error I will try to let you know if any of your submissions fall into this category.

2.2. Riders getting caught during the season
If you include a rider in your team who gets caught with his hands in the cookie jar, nothing happens right away. Your rider keeps his points unless the cqranking.com deletes his results before the end of the game.

Basically, the value of a rider on cqranking.com always stands.

3. Submitting your team

3.1. How do I?

You pick between 25 and 33 riders whose combined value doesn’t exceed 7500 points and send the list to me.

As I will manually have to include the teams into the Microsoft Excel file which keeps track of the scores, please be careful that you send your team to me based on the correct formula. I don’t take any responsibility for any error you might make. If I spot an error I will do my best to contact you but I can’t guarantee anything. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to ask either here in this thread or by sending a personal message.

The layout you need to use is this:

VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro
SAGAN Peter
Etc.

Nothing else. No point scores after the name. Also, be careful that there is no “space” after the name, because I will have to delete it manually, but can't always detect these things in time for the game. If there is an error that isn't discovered until after the game starts, and that error makes your team ineligible (eg. if it puts your team over the limit) the rider will simply be deleted from the team without replacement.

To make things easier for both you and me I will link to a file for you to download in which you can type in your team and it will automatically show you the value of each rider as well as the aggregated value of your team. Then you will just have to copy your team (names only) directly from this file and send it to me.

Hopefully this clears any misunderstandings of a rider’s value as well as reduces the number of errors made in a team sent to me.

3.2. When do I?

The first race of the season will start January 8, so I want to have your team in hand on January 6 at the latest.

There are two deadlines: a submission deadline and a revision/publication deadline, spaced 24 hours apart. This is to address the issue brought up in recent years about whether it is 'fair' to allow changes after teams have seen the teams of other players, and for 'late' submissions. I would like to make this a game that is accessible to as many people as possible, yet preserve that element of fairness. So, the submission deadline will be when I want to have received all the teams. The revision and publication deadline is to allow a 24-hour period for me to look over the teams and allow a chance to people to change their team in case of error, before having access to a list of riders that other teams picked. If you get mixed up with the time zone or unexpectedly don't have internet access around the submission deadline, I will accept teams up to the revision deadline at my discretion, but if allowed those teams will not have the chance to revise in case of error.

The submission deadline is 23:59 (CET) January 5th, so early January 6th for Aussies and sometime earlier on January 5th for North Americans. The revision and publication deadline is 24 hours later; I would ask that people refrain from posting the riders on their team until after that, so midnight CET on the start of January 7th.

Please note that even though it feels as though the season is over, it’s actually not. There are still a bit of racing to be done and CQ points to be handed out that could affect the value of a rider you have picked. It is always possible that an obscure rider may score points in a small race at the end of season, or that CQ will adjust points for an earlier season race for whatever reason (eg. readjusting points for suspended dopers) Be mindful of these changes.

cqranking.com usually uploads the final update of the season on December 31, and the values in this update are the ones we’re using. However, the changes are usually very small so there’s no reason why you can’t start selecting your team already today!

Disclaimer: ensuring your team is full of eligible riders and is on budget is your responsibility. If I notice you are over budget or have an ineligible rider I will send you a message, but if you don't get back to me in time, or I don't catch it before the deadline, I will simply remove one rider to make your budget work. Obviously it is to your advantage to be able to choose all your riders, so please be diligent.

Create Your Team

Hugo created a very helpful file in 2012, referred to above, that helps avoid any errors in calculation and helps ensure you are formatting your rider names correctly. I would encourage everyone to use this option, especially if you are not confident in your spreadsheet creating skills. Please use the file attached here to create your team, then copy and paste the rider names to send to me by PM once you have it correct. Thank you.

note: the 'create your team' file has not yet been manually updated to include different scores for dopers as per rule 2.1, so it is currently wholly your responsibility to account for this.

I think that about covers everything. If you have any questions or if I forgot to add or explain anything, please let me know.
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• 2nd Year Pro
    Re: 2020 CQ Game Thread
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 20:58 »
    This post is reserved to list submitted teams as they come in. If you have submitted a team recently and don't see it appear within 24 hours, please message me to see what is up. Teams on the list marked with an asterisk need a change, and I have messaged you with the details.

Here are the 69 teams I've received as of January 4th 5:00pm CST:

1   Armchair Cyclist
    2   Martin
    3   Nicosix
    4   Total Package
    5   Luthor
    6   Koronin
    7   LaFlorecita
    8   Lortnoc
    9   Jon_Ezeitza
    10   Hakkie2
    11   CQ Player 7373
    12   mayomaniac
    13   comodoro
    14   bminchow
    15   dimasotf
    16   armchairclimber
    17   hfgon1
    18   Riverside
    19   Salvarani
    20   vladimir
    21   Leadbelly
    22   Joelsim
    23   VeloRooms
    24   Rakim
    25   Object
    26   EvansIsTheBest
    27   christopher rowe
    28   NorthAmericanScum
    29   laarsland
    30   Blues in the bottle
    31   Crevaison
    32   mineralJ
    33   triley36
    34   Tsyka
    35   tobydawq
    36   Wallenquist
    37   TheArt
    38   ChrisDK
    39   scrooll07
    40   LosBrolin
    41   Kazistuta
    42   Jpettersen
    43   search
    44   escartin
    45   Muddy Waters
    46   shalgo
    47   Nathanptz
    48   Poles & co.
    49   Eric10
    50   trackstand
    51   Hugo Koblet
    52   fauniera
    53   flashke
    54   yoyokt
    55   Otoxiep87
    56   tom-jelte
    57   AlyKaptan
    58   will10
    59   repre
    60   Mellow Velo
    61   Northerner
    62   Bonimenier
    63   DJ Sprtsch
    64   Geraint Too Fast
    65   Marek
    66   BlueRoads
    67   zlev11
    68   Popchu
    69   AupaPyama

Also, here is the role of honour from previous years:

2011 – 87 participants
    ingsve – 13897 points
    Waterloo Sunrise – 13450
    mc_mountain – 12670

2012 – 129 participants
    skidmark – 19345 points
    Kvinto – 18087
    Nyssinator – 17761

2013 – 132 participants
    SteelyDan – 13094 points
    Geraint Too Fast – 13074
    will10 – 12986

2014 – 150 participants
    Pentacycle – 14367 points
    Cykeltyven – 13693
    Ruudz0r - 13609

2015 – 155 participants
    Cykeltyven – 16209 points
    skidmark - 15616
    snccdcno - 15412

2016 – 144 participants
    skidmark – 15392 points
    jeroenk - 14707
    abbulf – 14448

2017 – 131 participants
    fauniera – 15867 points
    the asian - 15698
    GP Blanco - 15217

2018 – 129 participants
    ruvu75 – 16513 points
    Squire - 16099
    trackstand - 15832

2019 - 114 participants

fauniera - 14579 points
    karaev - 14399
    Hakkie2 - 14260
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 23:02 by skidmark »

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11372
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 19:25 »
    10 year anniversary :win
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4563
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 13:18 »
    Team Flo is in, playing on extra hard difficulty as I had to include my Kometa boys of course :D
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8457
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 10:21 »
    Right enough messing about with my team. :D

WT - 12 riders
    PCT - 12 riders
    CT - 9 riders

That's roughly the same as last year. Belgium the most represented nation again with Italy just behind.

Slightly more cryptically my team contains the following diacritical marks:

umlaut x 2
    tilde x 1
    acute x 1
    circumflex x 1
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1823
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 12:23 »
    My team is in.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 18:57 »
    It's rather unlikely it will make a difference at the end of the year, but there will be a 2.2 race that kicks off the 2020 CQ season before the 6th Jan deadline - Cambodia Bay Cycling Tour.

Pick a Sapura or Terengganu rider and you might get a "headstart" on everybody.
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 21:31 »
    I think I’ve got this one in the bag.
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Domestique
    • Liked: 264
    • Awards: 2019 Vuelta prediction champ2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    « Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 13:11 »
    I wasn't sure I could compose a team this year but I did. Haven't had the time to follow cycling this much in the last month. Looking forward to following the race results again and starting to work on my youth team tonight. I couldn't even start at my emerging riders team :S
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4563
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 17:36 »
    *it 8
    *fr 7
    *nl 4
    *es 3
    *au 2
    *dk 2
    *de 2
    *ch 2
    *be 1
    *lu 1
    *pl 1

500+: 3
    250-500: 8
    100-250: 13
    0-100: 9

Average age 25.5

Most represented team #sunweb
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 17:48 »
    The breakdown of my team.

33 riders of various nationalities, points and abilities.

<7,500: 33

Average age 20>30
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 06:48 »
    Hey all! A couple of things:

- first, submission deadline is up but publication deadline is in 16.5 hours from when I write this... in case you just realized with dread that you forgot to submit a team, I reserve the right to accept teams right up until the deadline, seeing as no one will have seen published teams (except that one upthread I guess). So go right ahead. I will also accept last minute changes.

- the time of the submission deadline will be tricky for me, as I'll be in transit (it's 5pm my time in Canada, and I'll be travelling well into the evening). So, I may not confirm changes until the following morning (my time), but if you've sent me something with the proper time stamp it will be accepted.

- that also means I won't be able to preside over the reveal, and won't be able to get the final spreadsheet out to peruse teams/popularity/etc until the following day. Sorry, just bad timing this year. Should be out by evening CET on the 7th.

- I received over 30 teams today so I didn't update the OP with the list because it was hard enough to keep up; basically, I sent everyone a confirmation message so you should have that on PM.

- we are roughly on par with last year in terms of participating teams, maybe a few less. Thanks everyone!
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7717
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 16:26 »
    Due to never remembering to pick riders before Christmas and being on holiday between Christmas and today, I had resigned myself to not entering this year. But skidmark's respite opened a window for me, and I threw together a team anyway:

*dk 6
    *fr 4
    *it 3
    *us 3
    *be 2
    *ch 2
    *co 2
    *gb 2
    *nl 2
    *au 1
    *de 1
    *lt 1
    *lv 1
    *no 1
    *si 1
    *sr 1

#worldtour 22
    #proconti 11
    Zero Conti or lower this year. It's the pros who win most points!

Points Riders
    1000+ 0
    750-999 1
    500-749 5
    350-499 1
    250-349 5
    150-249 4
    75-149 6
    1-74 10
    0 1
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 17:11 »
    Better late than never Mr K.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 18:34 »
    Better late than never Mr K.
    And because I had no time to think much about it but basically chucked in whoever I came across first, I have no expectations whatsoever of doing well. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 517
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 19:40 »
    I think I’ve got this one in the bag.

That's what's called 2020 vision
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 19:47 »
    That's what's called 2020 vision

Just going by previous years Archie. Eternal winner.
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 19:48 »
    And because I had no time to think much about it but basically chucked in whoever I came across first, I have no expectations whatsoever of doing well. :D

Nothing like getting your excuses in early Fus.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 20:28 »
    Zero Conti or lower this year. It's the pros who win most points!

I dunno.

Armchair had go here at picking the best possible 2019 team. I count six riders CT (that's including Geniets who made the jump to WT mid-season). There's definitely gold to be found at the lower levels, as long as you don't spend too much on it.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 20:35 »
    I dunno.

Armchair had go here at picking the best possible 2019 team. I count six riders CT (that's including Geniets who made the jump to WT mid-season). There's definitely gold to be found at the lower levels, as long as you don't spend too much on it.
    That may be true - but for that, you'd have to spend time prospecting, so to say. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3091
    • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    « Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 23:40 »
    It's rather unlikely it will make a difference at the end of the year, but there will be a 2.2 race that kicks off the 2020 CQ season before the 6th Jan deadline - Cambodia Bay Cycling Tour.

Pick a Sapura or Terengganu rider and you might get a "headstart" on everybody.

The race is over, and there are 7 riders already in profit, if anyone picked them
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 05:39 »
    Team Crash Bang Wallop:

SCHACHMANN Maximilian
    EVENEPOEL Remco
    PINOT Thibaut
    MARTIN Daniel
    PICCOLI James
    ARANBURU DEBA Alexander
    LATOUR Pierre
    SOLER GIMENEZ Marc
    VAN POPPEL Danny
    CHERKASOV Nicolay
    GABBURO Davide
    BALLERINI Davide
    SCHELLING Patrick
    MOLENAAR Alex
    HERMANS Quinten
    VAKOC Petr
    TUREK Daniel
    BASSETT Stephen
    MODOLO Sacha
    CAÑAVERAL VARGAS Jonathan
    VERVAEKE Louis
    SLEEN Torjus
    ÄRM Rait
    HÄNNINEN Jaakko
    BAUGNIES Jérôme
    TOUPALIK Adam
    KOOISTRA Marten
    EINHORN Itmar
    HINDSGAUL MADSEN Jacob
    DE BIE Sean
    BANASZEK Alan
    MILES Carson
    FANCELLU Alessandro

Going by the teams posted on CN so far, it looks like my most popular picks will be Pinot, Latour, Soler, Hermans, Modolo and De Bie.

Some musings on the riders later on.
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 09:10 »
    Team Velociraptor

SAGAN Peter
    EVENEPOEL Remco
    PINOT Thibaut
    YATES Simon
    HIRSCHI Marc
    MOSCON Gianni
    LATOUR Pierre
    DUMOULIN Tom
    ROOSEN Timo
    OOMEN Sam
    RESTREPO VALENCIA Jhonatan
    VAKOC Petr
    FOSS Tobias Svendsen
    GROVES Kaden
    VAN WILDER Ilan
    BAGIOLI Andrea
    FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
    FROOME Chris
    RIES Michel
    POWER Robert
    RUBIO REYES Einer Augusto
    OSORIO CARVAJAL Alejandro
    ARDILA ORDOÑEZ Andres Camilo
    JERMAN Ziga
    KIRYIENKA Vasil
    TEJADA CANACUE Harold Alfonso
    CAVENDISH Mark
    COVI Alessandro
    KANTER Max
    DE BIE Sean
    ARENSMAN Thymen
    RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
    SIMMONS Quinn

Strange that I left Hermans out as I've picked him in pretty much every fantasy game I've done this year. Duh.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13500
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 09:35 »
    My team, more words later on maybe:

SCHACHMANN Maximilian
    YATES Simon
    KWIATKOWSKI Michal
    MERLIER Tim
    MOHORIC Matej
    LATOUR Pierre
    SOLER GIMENEZ Marc
    DUMOULIN Tom
    ROOSEN Timo
    ANDERSEN Søren Kragh
    CORT NIELSEN Magnus
    CANOLA Marco
    KREUZIGER Roman
    ARU Fabio
    OOMEN Sam
    HERMANS Quinten
    MOSCHETTI Matteo
    VAKOC Petr
    WÜRTZ SCHMIDT Mads
    HAAS Nathan
    BATTAGLIN Enrico
    LOBATO DEL VALLE Juan Jose
    CELANO Danilo
    THWAITES Scott
    FROOME Chris
    GENIEZ Alexandre
    MODOLO Sacha
    BUSATO Matteo
    TOUPALIK Adam
    VICHOT Arthur
    KANTER Max
    BANASZEK Alan
    DE BIE Sean

a bit of a #alpecin overdose
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

rote_laterne

• Domestique
    • Liked: 264
    • Awards: 2019 Vuelta prediction champ2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    « Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 13:25 »
    When working on my youth an emerging riders teams I think I found some good picks but was too lazy to change my main game team except subbing in Sean De Bie for Dibben. I mainly filled my team up with cheap neo-pros I don't know nothing about, especially the Colombian ones.

After reading the revealed teams so far I like my team (we are not talking winning here as Joelsim's got this in the bag). Seems like I missed no obvious pick except for probably Ballerini. Others like Bardet, Pinot, Kwiatkowski, Cavendish, Froome or Bouhanni I did not include in my team for one reason or another. I like Bardets season but opted for Gaviria who I hope will show his true potential when paired with Richeze again. Kwiatkowski I like and he will have a better season but I dislike the team he rides for and I'm not sure he will get his chances at the smaller tours with all the new prospects wanting to have their chances too.

GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando   731
    YATES Simon   668  when staying healthy he should double his points.
    PEDERSEN Mads   583 risky pick but I had him last year and I'm betting on Trek riding a better spring campaign as a whole
    MADOUAS Valentin   540 risky pick but confirmed his neo pro season and should get more chances than Gaudu.
    MOSCON Gianni   424 potential to triple his score as there are no classic riders left at INEOS.
    HIRT Jan   355 risky but I think he gets his chances this year going for GC and stages.
    LATOUR Pierre   352 potential to double his points before starting the tour.
    SOLER GIMENEZ Marc   350 should get his chances at Movistar now.
    DUMOULIN Tom   341
    CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban   322 hope he's improving even more.
    ANDERSEN Søren Kragh   268 should at least double his scores.
    DURBRIDGE Luke   229 hoping for a good spring campaign without health issues.
    CORT NIELSEN Magnus   227 I like this guy and hope he shows his true potential at his new team.
    O'CONNOR Ben   221 don't really know but he showed talent two seasons ago.
    SAJNOK Szymon   221 should be CCC no 1 sprinter now
    PADUN Mark   209 missed half a season, has potential and should get his chances.
    GEBREIGZABHIER Amanuel Werkilul   207 had him in my youth team years ago.
    ARU Fabio   194 everyone has him and there's a albeit slim chance he has a good season
    LEKNESSUND Andreas   186 hope he dominates the U23 scene this year
    OOMEN Sam   179 massive talent
    KÄMNA Lennard   155 massive talent
    CAICEDO CEPEDA Jonathan Klever   144 no idea
    DILLIER Silvan   101 has potential for another 400+ season
    BAGIOLI Andrea   83 massive talent at DQS should translate in lot of points
    RUBIO REYES Einer Augusto   52 maybe the best of my Colobian lot?
    ARDILA ORDOÑEZ Andres Camilo   44
    HÄNNINEN Jaakko   41 hoping for top tens in french 1.1 races
    JOHANSEN Julius   38 impressed me two season ago
    ALBA BOLIVAR Juan Diego   20
    KANTER Max   8 should get his chances when staying healthy
    De Bie Sean   5 PCT should mean lots of points, the talent is there
    RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   0 zero pointer
    SIMMONS Quinn   0
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 13:32 »
    I appear to be the only person without Aru, so that probably means he’ll have an excellent season, a Phoenix from the flames.

Also, Leknessund is riding PCT this year at Uno-X, rather than U23.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 16:19 »
    Also, Leknessund is riding PCT this year at Uno-X, rather than U23.
    He'll probably still do a fair share of U23 races, either with #unox or the Norwegian national team.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 18:58 »
    a bit of a #alpecin overdose

They did recruit pretty smartly. Somewhat reminiscent of ICA's transfers from 18/19 in that most of them were very cheap from a CQ standpoint and that turned out okay in the main last year.

Merlier was in my team too for a long while, but was culled towards the end.

SAJNOK Szymon   221 should be CCC no 1 sprinter now

Trentin says hi. :P

Saying that he still should do okay. I don't rate Mareczko myself at all, though he has had some operation over the winter on his septum, maybe that will be the new "iliac op" people have when they have a poor season.
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #28 on: January 07, 2020, 19:06 »
    They did recruit pretty smartly. Somewhat reminiscent of ICA's transfers from 18/19 in that most of them were very cheap from a CQ standpoint and that turned out okay in the main last year.

Merlier was in my team too for a long while, but was culled towards the end.

Trentin says hi. :P

Saying that he still should do okay. I don't rate Mareczko myself at all, though he has had some operation over the winter on his septum, maybe that will be the new "iliac op" people have when they have a poor season.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t  Marezcko’s septum thats responsible for his pathetically poor positioning on every final bend. Almost as if he doesn’t want to get involved in a sprint anymore.
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #29 on: January 07, 2020, 20:00 »
    Okay, here goes:

the full spreadsheet!!!

Includes: 113 teams, popularity sheet, rider popularity table, team popularity table.

Note that on the popularity sheets I just entered names with numbers as names, so 'ruvu' instead of 'ruvu75' or 'Eric' instead of 'Eric10' - in copying popularity this is the time consuming part because dragging the name goes up in number, so just to get this done expediently I didn't manually do that copying (I've got a broken wrist atm too which hampers my computering).

Does not yet include: I haven't updated the 'update' sheets or gotten rid of team pages from previous entrants, so there are some blank pages but the pages linked to on the rankings tab should be all the participants. I'll clean that all up before the season gets too far along.

If I missed any teams (ie you submitted them and don't see them here) or if you thought you got changes in under the wire that aren't reflected, let me know and I can go back through my PM's to check the timestamp. I caught myself on one occasion making changes to a team but the link on the first page went to another team's page (all of which I've since corrected), so I almost copied over another team incorrectly. So I acknowledge these mistakes may still be out there.

Okay, have fun with it!
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts