collapse

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3004
  • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
2020-22 Emerging Riders CQ Game
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:30 »
Who will win the Tour de France and the Giro in 2022?  If you know, and they have each had a less illustrious career thus far than Dylan Sutherland (who has 200 CQ points thus far in his career), you'll do OK in this.  Bernal and Carapaz have done the equivalent this year, but did you reckon them as prospects 3 years ago?

The Emerging Riders game tests your powers of prediction of the brightest talents, or most misleading early deceivers, in the sport, over a three year period.

Your Team is to consist of 18 male riders, each of whom has a maximum of 199 CQ points through their career, (so long as that total is not kept low because of results removed under doping sanctions)

There is a long list on Dropbox of people who have appeared in CQ listings in the last three years but without reaching 200 points: you may of course want to select riders who have never appeared.   That file also has a more manageable list of about 180 names: Riders who have been selected for either the main annual CQ game or the Youth CQ game, but are eligible for this one.  Consider it a longish-shortlist that you might, or might not, choose to use.

Submit your team by PM to me, before the beginning of the Tour Down Under on January 21.   As usual, names in CQ format please, with nothing else on the line. If the rider has no CQ page, then hope that SURNAME Forename is what CQ will go with (and if not I'll hopefully be able to track him down eventually).

My team has been sent to Joelsim, the manager of the first team submitted. I reserve the right to adjust it in the case of a rider emerging Gaviria-like before the deadline (although with the earlier deadline that should be less likely).

The score is CQ points gained over the next three years (the less-than-200 points before the game don't count) , the end of 2022 update being the end. I might need to be alerted to points from one year that are deleted the next. I aim to give updates monthly, but bear with me, especially when the GT games are on.

Entries up to Sunday 19th January (2 days to go)

AmisVelo   
Archieboy   
Armchair_Cyclist   
Blues_in_the_Bottle   
Comodoro   
Cordi   
hfgon1   
Joelsim   
JonEzeitza   
Koronin   
Laarsland   
Leadbelly   
Ludwigzgz   
MuddyWaters   
Nicosix   
Otoxiep87   
Ray10   
RoteLaterne   
Scrooll07   
Squire
Vladimir

Enjoy, and see whether potential and hype are turned into results.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: Today at 12:34 by Armchair Cyclist »

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    Re: 2020-22 Emerging Riders CQ Game
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 22:10 »
    I have finally got the Dropbox spreadsheet  up, with the names of about 3 and a half thousand riders who have scored CQ points at least once in the last three years, but have not yet reached the 200 lifetime points that would disqualify them.  I have added to the list any eligible riders at WT and PT level.  You may, of course, choose others who haven't scored in the last three years and are currently below this level.

The Dropbox file also contains a list of riders who you might have been thinking of, but who have gained their disqualifying 200th point during 2019.

The list can be found here.
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Domestique
    • Liked: 263
    • Awards: 2019 Vuelta prediction champ2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 22:35 »
    For the first time I didn't know how to fill the last 3 spots.  :S Can't wait for my 18 riders to emerge.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 22:38 »
    The very long list on Dropbox now has the much shorter list (those eligible for this and chosen in the other 2 games this year but eligible for this). 

Dropbox does not seem to work as handily as it did, could someone check whether the link in the OP leads to the Dropbox file that includes the 'Blue List' as a third column, and let me know.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8255
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:36 »
    Dropbox does not seem to work as handily as it did, could someone check whether the link in the OP leads to the Dropbox file that includes the 'Blue List' as a third column, and let me know.

Yes, it does.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 10:37 »
    A week from now (the datestamp on this post) it will be a just over 10 1/2 hours since the start of the Tour Down Under.

That means that you have 6 days, 13  and a bit hours to get your teams in.  The dropbox linked in the OP now includes the riders who are eligible for this and have been thought worthy of a place in at least one manager's opinion of a place in the Main CQ game, or the Youth game.  Not always a great recommendation, it should be said, and those games have other criteria for selection, but it might give you some ideas.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts