collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3774
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2020
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 18:40 »
When I clicked on this thread, I was expecting to see...

:o THE ENTIRE 2020 SEASON!  :o
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1719
    « Reply #31 on: April 05, 2020, 20:40 »
    I was shocked to learn that Andrei Tchmil had suffered a cancerous tumor and underwent a successful surgery for its removal.  :o

"Dear friends, 20 years ago I won the race of my dreams. Now, twenty years on, I had to fight another opponent, who seemed unbeatable, who silently eats you up inside: cancer.

"A thousand thanks to Professor Gianluca Baiocchi and his team of doctors from Brescia, for the surgery they gave me, for the help and the great support I had. Life is a continuous race."
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3191
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #32 on: April 05, 2020, 21:49 »
    I was shocked to learn that Andrei Tchmil had suffered a cancerous tumor and underwent a successful surgery for its removal.  :o

I had read about it. Hard to believe he is now 57.
    Really glad he could get operated upon in Italy, as already here in the UK cancer treatment has pretty much been postponed because of coronavirus.
    Hard to believe, when cancer is a certain killer but corona far from it.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.