collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3846
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2020
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 18:40 »
When I clicked on this thread, I was expecting to see...

:o THE ENTIRE 2020 SEASON!  :o
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1735
    « Reply #31 on: April 05, 2020, 20:40 »
    I was shocked to learn that Andrei Tchmil had suffered a cancerous tumor and underwent a successful surgery for its removal.  :o

"Dear friends, 20 years ago I won the race of my dreams. Now, twenty years on, I had to fight another opponent, who seemed unbeatable, who silently eats you up inside: cancer.

"A thousand thanks to Professor Gianluca Baiocchi and his team of doctors from Brescia, for the surgery they gave me, for the help and the great support I had. Life is a continuous race."
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3225
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #32 on: April 05, 2020, 21:49 »
    I was shocked to learn that Andrei Tchmil had suffered a cancerous tumor and underwent a successful surgery for its removal.  :o

I had read about it. Hard to believe he is now 57.
    Really glad he could get operated upon in Italy, as already here in the UK cancer treatment has pretty much been postponed because of coronavirus.
    Hard to believe, when cancer is a certain killer but corona far from it.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3846
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #33 on: April 14, 2020, 02:56 »

Did you see the most recent interview with him (in French with English subtitles) by Johan Bruyneel that I linked in another thread?

https://youtu.be/mg2Gehn1qZU?t=2298
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1735
    « Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 11:40 »
    Quite disappointing of Andreï to accept an interview with these guys ! But apparently, Armstrong claimed that Andreï wasn't nice to him and Andreï didn't deny it.  :lol

It also struck me that he could get treated in Italy, especially in Brescia, at the epicenter of the virus.

I saw a recent story about Bruyneel that dates back from the 2018 Tour of Flanders. He met with Edwig Van Hooydonck and wanted a selfie with him.

Van Hooydonck then said he saw that picture in Het Nieuwsblad with a news that made it sound like the two were the best of friends as though nothing had happened (regarding the dark side in the 90's of course). Bruyneel claimed that Van Hooydonck came to see him and Edwig claims the other way round.

At the start of the Tour of Flanders I usually go to Café Den Engel because they have a good Stella. Then I saw Johan going round uncomfortably. Nobody was interested in him. I had the feeling that nobody wanted to have anything to do with him. Then all of a sudden he saw me standing, he came to see me and shook hands. We talked for five minutes and then Johan asked me if he could have a selfie with me. I agreed. My wife was there and could take the picture herself. There was nothing more and thereafter we both went our own way. Two days later I saw the picture with Johan and I in the Nieuwsblad with a story that didn't fit at all. Then came this story that he lost a lot of money and that his wife left him because of the affair with Armstrong. That is a bit pathetic.

https://sporza.be/nl/2018/05/18/van-hooydonck_-_het-verhaal-van-bruyneel-is-volledig-gelogen-1-3199378/

Johan sent this picture to the newspaper [Nieuwsblad] and told them that we now get along very well as though nothing had happened but he lies.

https://radio1.be/johan-bruyneel-liegt

OK It doesn't really belong in this thread but the story had to be shared.
  • ReplyReply

•