collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3432
Note on image hosting services
« on: February 26, 2020, 22:55 »
A day or two ago I tried to upload a picture to my usual provider for things that I like to share on the forum, imgur.com. I was doing this from my quite new iphone, and much to my own dismay I had to install an imgur app to get it done and when I had done so, the link provided did not work well here, and it looked like it might be time to look for alternative solutions. From what it looks like, imgur is changing and becoming yet another social media site focused on memes and funny pictures etc. It is imgur for the sake of imgur, and they will not care as much for other sites like for example this forum. All the time it has been free, so I don't think it is right to complain to much about them changing their objectives now.

Today I found that the web interface of imgur.com is still the same old and the links it offers actually works here, so there is stil some time, but plans should be made I guess, and alternatives tested.

I actually found a quite long feature on alternative picture hosting here. Even the comments section contains useful info. I noticed that tinypic should have been shut down too?

Testing testing:
imgur web interface:

• ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3432
    Re: Note on image hosting services
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 22:56 »
    Reply 2: tinypic

nope, it doesn't seem to work anymore?
  • ReplyReply

•