collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8510
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: Paris-Nice 2020
« on: March 09, 2020, 10:18 »
I almost forgot it, he’s riding for which team? A-ha #arkea !

On the flip-side though, Quintana and Connor Swift had a very good day for #arkea.

https://www.team-arkea-samsic.fr/nairo-quintana-lequipe-a-travail/

Quote from: Swift
It was a stressful day, with this wind, this rain. When the peloton broke, and we found ourselves in the very first edge Nairo and I, what were we, twelve or thirteen runners, only, at the head of the race! I was in very good company. Yvon told me on the radio to stay by the side of Nairo, and to protect him, while bringing our breakaway group to life by taking over. When there was more wind, Yvon asked me to stay even more alongside Nairo, to work exclusively to protect him. I left my legs (laugh) on the last climb of the day, it was very cold. Nairo in addition in this climb no longer needed me too much to protect him and replace him, if necessary. It was a beautiful day, I gained a lot of experience on this first stage of Paris-Nice. She was rich in lessons for me, when there is wind you can never let your mind "switch", it is necessary to stay constantly focused, and it is difficult and good at the same time.

Unfortunately for Swift the TDF this year mainly eschews these types of stages and no doubt the weather will be better by then, but he may still have earnt himself a spot in the squad as Quintana's wingman for what flatter stages there are.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Upcoming Events