collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8457
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Connect the Dots - Transfer Predictions 2020/21
« on: March 14, 2020, 17:48 »
Well, we need something to talk about during the 9 month off-season.

The 'Transfers and Rumors' thread very much is full of news from other sources. This is a more speculative version of the same thread, asking "who should go where?"

...or as it's been said in previous years' threads, "predict the transfer before the rumour".

This PCS page is quite a useful starting point to see who might be on the move.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    I'll even make a list of WT names that catch my eye.

#ag2r

Bardet - something's not right here
    Naesen - seems happy, but if a big team comes knocking who knows..

#astana

Some payment issues at Astana again. Would Lopez and the Izagirres fancy more secure earnings on a different team?

#bahrain

Teuns

#bora

Majka - bound to be CCC rumours, though seems happy enough in his niche at Bora

#ccc

19 riders out of contract! GVA the biggest name

#ef

Vanmarcke

#groupama

All their big names are out of contract, but difficult to see any of them leaving

#israel

23 riders out of contract!

#lotto

De Gendt - as I said in race chat it's not certain he'll re-sign due to new Belgian tax laws

#mitchelton

Yateseseses - will they split up?
    Affini

#ntt

24 riders out of contract! Riis might have a major clear out if he gets funds.

#ineos

Froome - Ineos no doubt would love to keep him, but are they willing to pay with him in his current shape?
    Kwiatkowski
    Moscon - surely got to be on the way out, but there's bound to be takers

#jumbo

De Plus

#sunweb

Oomen - people are always leaving Sunweb

#trek

Porte - must be on quite a big contract
    Stuyven

#uae

Aru
    Philipsen - will he continue to be happy to be third in line behind Gaviria and Kristoff?
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1823
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    Quintana to Movistar.

Evenepoel to Manchester United.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Gonzalo Serrano --------------> #movistar ?

A fairly obvious one here as the WT team are desperate for some local talent to bolster their ranks. The big question  is who is his agent? If it's you-know-who, then scrub this idea.

Politt ----------> #bora ?

The likely cancellation of the entire spring campaign means no opportunity for him to see that he could be successful and win the big ones with I-SUN.

He was high-fiving Ackermann after his win in in Almeria and the German team would be a natural choice as Sagan's star is on the wane.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    I'll even make a list of WT names that catch my eye.

....and some PCT-ers.

#androni

Rivera - Linked with Bora
    Restrepo - Great start to the season, albeit in exotic races.

#cajarural

Serrano - Already mentioned above

#cwg

Meurisse - Made it clear a while back his intention to move up to WT. Could be a good signing for a lot of teams.

#gazprom

Cherkasov - A crash in the Middle East ruined his chances of results in the early season. Talented though and it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to see him following Vlasov's path to Astana if they need some cheap runners to replace the rumoured departures.

#total

Terpstra - Bound to be leaving
    Turgis - Still young-ish, some nice results the past couple of years and could improve more. All not well in the team re: sponsors and I could see him moving to the more stable Groupama who are handing out multi-year deals like there is no tomorrow.

#vinizabu

Rota - Only just joined the team, but had a great start to the season. Difficult to see where he could move up though....Gazprom or Nippo?
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

al_pacino

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 96

uh oh

Not sure I'd be throwing any money at him.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3469
    Lotto-Soudal hasn't offered CF Hagen a new contract so speculations are definetly allowed now:

CF Hagen
    #lotto --> #ineos

He is probably not good enough to win anything big but he'll be perfect in the #ineos line of climbers due to his endurance and good restitution.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    The Lotto boss the other day did say that no contract negotiations with anybody would go ahead before August 15th.

Nevertheless I still think he'll stay with the team, but this does leave a window open for other teams to come in with a concrete offer for him (or TDG or Vanhoucke). In these uncertain times riders might be tempted by a move even if they are happy where they are.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3469
    The Lotto boss the other day did say that no contract negotiations with anybody would go ahead before August 15th.
    Did he mention why? If other teams are looking for riders to sign, here’s a squad with a handful of good riders you can choose from. Future job uncertainty will force their hand.
    I think it doesn’t matter very much how happy they are where they are. It’s job or no job.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    https://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/john-lelangue-ten-vroegste-in-augustus-opnieuw-contractbesprekingen-bij-lotto-soudal/

Lotto Soudal remains remarkably quiet. Sources tell us that no one is negotiating with anyone before the beginning of August (not sure where I got the 15th from). And that would apply to both own riders and potential newcomers. A fact that John Lelangue confirms.

“I presented this to the Board of Directors. And actually it is logic itself. This for two reasons: on the one hand, we already have fifteen riders under contract until the end of 2021. Some even until the end of 2022. In addition to those fifteen, our spearheads are: Caleb Ewan, Philippe Gilbert, John Degenkolb and Tim Wellens.

“That makes the difference with teams such as A2GR, where a number of leaders - just think of Oliver Naesen, Pierre Latour and Romain Bardet - are at the end of the contract. They had to take the mercato more aggressively. Then it is quieter with us, I can wait for the first matches and look the cat out of the tree. ”

Other than the three names we've mentioned above, the riders waiting till August wouldn't be difficult to replace imo.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts