collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3987
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Pain in the Neck!
« on: September 21, 2020, 14:41 »
May as well start a new thread as I couldn't find anything addressing this vulnerable part of anatomy.

I've had lingering neck issues for as long as I can remember. It my younger years, I'm fairly certain that it stemmed from a bad childhood habit of always sleeping with two pillows for extra support and "comfort." Getting used to sleeping with one, thin, firm pillow had only positive effects for me, as it kept my neck in much more proper alignment throughout the night. I can't sleep any other way nowadays.

But then I was in a not-too-serious car accident some decades ago, where a driver slammed into my car from behind. That triggered a new set of circumstances that can still affect me to this day if I'm not careful. Neck and overall spinal health is something that I tend to pay quite a lot of attention to, as it really determines how well I can function in many areas of life. On most days I'm fine. But I do take seriously the maintenance and care of those vital parts of the body.

I recently discovered a series of exercises that I've been adopting into my daily routine with great effect.  :cool

I'll share those below.

This guy's YouTube channel has some particularly good content. I would encourage anyone to explore his offerings.

Simliar content, but from another very good channel.

These guys are goofy, but some of their exercises really have worked for me.

This last one has a bit of a slower pace to it, but these exercises have all proven to be quite effective for me after only just a week or so of applying them diligently and consistently day-to-day.

Personally, I like to start my day with the exercises demonstrated below before applying the above methods of using a towel, etc.
As the video says, you can also do these exercises throughout the day, at any time. They made a big difference for me.

Good luck!  :cool

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 15:07 by Drummer Boy »

Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Liked: 8819
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Re: Pain in the Neck!
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 15:06 »
    I'll give some of them a try once this particular crick has settled down.

Cheers Drumbo. :cool
  • ReplyReply

•