collapse

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3334
  • Awards: 2020 Tour de France Prediction Champ2020 Worlds Prediction Champ2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
2021-23 Emerging Riders CQ Game
« on: January 03, 2021, 23:56 »
We all sit down to watch a race with ideas about who we think or hope will win it, and we look at a new season or a transfer with a view to what will transpire over the next few months.

The challenge here is to look not just a few hours or months ahead, but up to three years: to assume the role, not of the director of a major team who can buy proven talent with short term goals, but that of the leader of a minor team who can identify up and coming talent who might become great in a few years time.  But you don't want their progression to be too slow, you need results within three years.

In recent years, we have had two Tour de France winners, a Giro winner, a World champion (TT) and a Road Race bronze medallist, and many WT race winners while in the three year period they were eligible for past editions of the game.

So who will take a place among the major contenders in the sport by the end of the 2023 season?  That is your challenge.

For the Emerging Riders game you need to select a team of 18 male riders, who can be of any age, but each must have a lifetime total of fewer than 200 CQ points (not 200: fewer than).  There is no upper limit for the team, although logically, it must be no more than 18x199.    Their score will be the points they accumulate between 1st Jan 2021 and 31 December 2023, as awarded by CQ.

There are of course, untold thousands of riders who are eligible: even I am, but don't take that as a recommendation or an insight into my selection. I have put together a very long list of riders who have scored CQ points (or are on a WorldTeam or ProTeam squad) in the last three years without reaching 200: it also has a warnings list of those who have passed the threshold in 2020, who you might have thought would still be eligible but are not.  I will identify those eligible for this among riders selected for the main annual CQ game when that list is available.

A past ban does not necessarily disqualify a rider from selection, but any points that they had been awarded and have been struck will be considered still in place when considering whether they are eligible for the game.   If a rider is banned during the game, then his points will be removed only when CQ remove them from his record.  In practice, this tends to be a very slow process (as I know to my cost: I would have won the 2016-18 edition if they had been faster to remove Jaime Roson's points).

Entries should be sent to me by PM on either Cycling News forum or Velorooms by the end of January: if any races do take place before then, I am confident that they will be pretty insignificant in the overall course of the game.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:43 by Armchair Cyclist, Reason: clarify »

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France Prediction Champ2020 Worlds Prediction Champ2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    Re: 2021-23 Emerging Riders CQ Game
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06 »
    Sorry it has taken a while to set up the proper launch. My team has been sent to Comodoro, who has already sent in his team. Ready for all your entries now.

Any questions or clarifications? Let me know.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Liked: 8937
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 12:55 »
    Entries should be sent to me by PM on either Cycling News forum or Velonews by the end of January.

Velonews? :P
  • ReplyReply

• Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 49
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 16:27 »

A past ban does not necessarily disqualify a rider from selection, but any points that they had been awarded and have been struck will be considered still in place when considering whether they are eligible for the game.   If a rider is banned during the game, then his points will be removed only when CQ remove them from his record.  In practice, this tends to be a very slow process (as I know to my cost: I would have won the 2016-18 edition if they had been faster to remove Jaime Roson's points).

I think you could change this rule. Because nowadays, CQR doesn't erase the results of the dopers, only puts a rider comment below.

Rosón for example, still has his points: https://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=21791

But the comment below, acting as a desclaimer, says:
    In June 2018 the UCI advised Jaime ROSON of anomalies in his biological passport data of January 2017. He was suspended by the UCI for 4 years, until 26 June 2022, and he loses all his results in 2017 and 2018.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 17:02 »
    I decided finally to abandon my CT or lower rule for this year at least. Seeing how things are going currently, it could be next year as well....

6 WT
    7 PCT
    4 CT
    1 Club

Still should be fairly low on the popularity scales and still should be dragging the VR average down.
  • ReplyReply

• Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 18:18 »
    My team was made a couple of months ago and is awaiting to be sent. Maybe I'll give it a further examination, as I remember that I found very difficult to make the decisions this year, with a lot of 1st and 2nd year WT riders still elegible becouse of the covid and the reduced calendar.

By now, the team is composed by 13 riders from WT, 2 from PT and 3 from CT.

• ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 19:29 »
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 22:05 by Armchair Cyclist »

Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 19:29 »
    My team was made a couple of months ago and is awaiting to be sent. Maybe I'll give it a further examination, as I remember that I found very difficult to make the decisions this year, with a lot of 1st and 2nd year WT riders still elegible becouse of the covid and the reduced calendar.

By now, the team is composed by 13 riders from WT, 2 from PT and 3 from CT.

Team sent. Finally I decided to bet on the 18 riders I decided 2 months ago.

Let's complete the statistics:

1997: 1
    1998: 6
    1999: 3
    2000: 2
    2001: 3
    2002: 3

*uk
    *nl
    *co
    *usa
    *be
    *es
    *it
    *de

• ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Domestique
    • Liked: 275
    • Awards: 2019 Vuelta prediction champ2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 21:59 »
     *nl 4
     *it 4
     *fr 3
     *usa 2
     *ch 1
    *de 1
    *uk 1
     *es 1
     *be 1

WT 13
    PCT 2
    CT 2
    Club 1

1997 1
    1998 4
    1999 4
    2000 1
    2001 5
    2002 3
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 10:51 »
    I believe there was a problem with the settings on Google Drive, and the link did not necessarily give access to the list of eligible riders.  I hope that it is now resolved, and that this works.  Perhaps someone would confirm whether it does.

Edit: I have changed the link again since, after CN users reported that it was still a broken link.  Seems OK now, but let me know if it isn't.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 15:20 by Armchair Cyclist »

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7803
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 11:53 »
    Perhaps someone would confirm whether it does.
    It works for me.
    I can't scroll through it with my mouse wheel or the arrow keys, but I can see the list and scroll through it using the bar at the right.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 15:21 »
    You probably need to download it to get full usability, but I have changed the link since you wrote, so that might work better.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 11:48 »
    I have clarified the OP: the 199 point upper limit is for each rider, not for the whole team.  Two teams recently looked as though they had tried to make a lifetime total for all 18 riders cumulatively of less than 200: that is not necessary (as both managers in question clearly realised last year!)

4 1/2 days left: don't miss out.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 00:48 »
    So far:

24 teams in, 107 different riders tipped to be achievers by 2023 in a way that they are not yet.

Of those 107, 48 are only on one team, while 2 are tied as the most popular on 18 of the 24 teams.

So far, only 6 of the entries will be part of Team Velorooms in the battle of the forums: more good scorers might be needed to counteract Leadbelly's wilfully obscure selection.  Velorooms hasn't lost a game since I started this sideshow to the main individual challenge,so there is a record to defend.

Don't miss out...
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #14 on: January 30, 2021, 01:42 »
    Now that Skidmark has released the main CQ  list, I can present what Vladimir has described on CN forum as the cheat list: those who have been picked for the main game, and are also eligible for this one.  So if you are stuck, simply choose any 18 names from this list: you will know that at least one other person thinks they were worth a punt.

Of the 94 names here, 65 have been selected among the 24 teams already in for the Emerging Riders game.  That means that there are 29 on this list that could be your game making unique pick. 

It also means that there are 37 riders who have already been picked for the three year game, but who nobody considered worth a place on their team when only looking at one year. Including 6 riders who are on more than 2 Emerging Rider teams already, and one of them is on seven out of twenty four Emerging Rider teams, but none of the ninety one Main game teams.  That'll have you guessing as to who it is.

I'll put this list in the longlist doc as I said I would, but it isn't desperately long: I'll put it here for greater ease.

And, of course, these are the CQ versions of names that will earn you my eternal gratitude:

ALBA BOLIVAR Juan Diego
    ALEOTTI Giovanni
    ARCHIBALD John
    ARDILA ORDOÑEZ Andres Camilo
    ARENSMAN Thymen
    ARROYAVE CAÑAS Daniel
    AYUSO PESQUERA Juan
    BALMER Alexandre
    BEN MOSHE Yuval
    BERWICK Sebastian
    BOUCEK Jakub
    BRENNER Marco
    BROWN Connor
    BRUNEL Alexys
    BUITRAGO SANCHEZ Santiago
    CAMARGO PINEDA Diego Andres
    CAMPOS LUCENA Roniel
    CARVALHO Andre Rodrigues
    CEPEDA ORTIZ Jefferson Alexander
    CHAMPION Thomas
    COLLEONI Kevin
    COVI Alessandro
    CULLAIGH Gabriel
    DE PLUS Jasper
    DEKKER David
    DELACROIX Théo
    DLAMINI Nicholas
    DONOVAN Mark
    EGHOLM Jakob
    ELOSEGUI MOMEÑE Iñigo
    EVANS Alexander
    FANCELLU Alessandro
    GALL Felix
    GARCIA PIERNA Raul
    GARRISON Ian
    GOLDSTEIN Edo
    GONZALEZ RIVERA Abner
    HÄNNINEN Jaakko
    HERREGODTS Rune
    JACOBS Johan
    JONES Taj
    JORGENSON Matteo
    KOOIJ Olav
    LEEMREIZE Gijs
    LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro
    MARIT Arne
    MÄRKL Niklas
    MENDEZ NOREÑA Daniel Alejandro
    MILAN Jonathan
    MUÑOZ LANCHEROS Cristian Camilo
    OLDANI Stefano
    OSORIO CARVAJAL Alejandro
    PAJUR Markus
    PALZER Anton
    PEAK Barnabas
    PEÑALVER ANIORTE Manuel
    PICCOLO Andrea
    PLAPP Lucas
    PRODHOMME Nicolas
    QUINN Sean
    RENARD Alexis
    REPA Vojtech
    REYNDERS Jens
    RIES Michel
    RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
    ROMO OLIVER Javier
    RUBIO REYES Einer Augusto
    SAEZ BENITO Hector
    SCOTSON Callum
    SHEFFIELD Magnus
    SILLANKORVA Jaakko
    STORK Florian
    SWEENY Harrison
    TEJADA CANACUE Harold Alfonso
    TIBERI Antonio
    TULETT Ben
    UMBA LOPEZ Abner Santiago
    VACEK Karel
    VACEK Mathias
    VAN GILS Maxim
    VAN WILDER Ilan
    VANSEVENANT Mauri
    VERMAERKE Kevin
    VERSCHAEVE Viktor
    VERVLOESEM Xandres
    VIGO DEL ARCO Marti
    VIVIANI Attilio
    WALLS Matthew
    WANDAHL Frederik
    WEEMAES Sasha
    WILLIAMS Stephen
    WRIGHT Fred
    ZOCCARATO Samuele
    ZWIEHOFF Ben

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 01:36 by Armchair Cyclist, Reason: One is not eligible: sorry »

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 12:10 »
    We are up to 30 teams now: it would still be good to have a last minute rush.  I think/hope I have acknowledged receipt of all teams: if you sent me a team and I haven't replied, let me know.

I said end of January as a deadline, without being precise about which timezone.  I believe the legal principle is that where there is ambiguity, the more generous interpretation is to be applied, so I guess that is midnight tonight in Hawaii or somewhere (Do we have any contributors in Samoa?).

So in effect you have until I get a chance to attend to it mid-morning UK time on Monday.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 12:58 »
    So here we go

OK, I think all inhabited zones of the planet have now reached the end of January.

36 teams in, which is about the level of participation this game has usually had.  Great to welcome some new managers: always a pity to see some of the regulars not submit a team, but hopefully we will see them again.

There was only one ineligible rider nominated, and that was my fault (I had missed CQ's change if Debesay's forename from Yacob to Yakob, and so had omitted his 2018 points from my cumulative total, and erroneously listed him as eligible: thanks to the manager involved for amending his team quickly and with good grace): a couple of strange autotranslations, and a few misspellings and missing second surnames, but they were easily sorted.  The two managers who imposed unnecessary restrictions on their selections both submitted more competitive second squads.

On those 36 teams we have 120 different riders: they can't all become superstars by the end of 2023, but hopefully some of them will have some impressive results over the three years.

So who has whom:

Amis Velo
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KONYCHEV Alexander   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MORIN Emmanuel   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WALLS Matthew   

Armchair Cyclist
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       CONCA Filippo   *
       DINA Marton   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       KONYCHEV Alexander   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       RIES Michel   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       VACEK Karel   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       ZUKOWSKY Nickolas   *

Blues in the Bottle
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       COVI Alessandro   
       CULLAIGH Gabriel   
       DEKKER David   
       GARRISON Ian   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   
       WILLIAMS Stephen   *
       WRIGHT Fred   

Bminchow
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       ARROYAVE CAÑAS Daniel   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   

Comodoro
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BALLERSTEDT Maurice   *
       CARR Simon   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       DEKKER David   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LOPEZ GRANIZO Harold Martin   
       MÄRKL Niklas   *
       MONIQUET Sylvain   *
       QUINN Sean   
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   
       WALLS Matthew   

Cordi
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       CARR Simon   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       SCHELLING Ide   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       TULETT Ben   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       WALLS Matthew   

Fivezzz
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       GARRISON Ian   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MORIN Emmanuel   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   

Greenedge
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       DEKKER David   
       GARRISON Ian   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MORIN Emmanuel   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       PLAPP Lucas   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WRIGHT Fred   

Hugo Koblet
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       PALZER Anton   
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   

Jakob747
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BERWICK Sebastian   
       CHARMIG Anthon   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       FANCELLU Alessandro   *
       FISHER-BLACK Finn   
       GALVIS ATEHORTUA Oscar Duvian   *
       GOMEZ BECERRA German Dario   *
       HINDSGAUL MADSEN Jacob   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LOPEZ GRANIZO Harold Martin   
       MERCHAN CARDONA Didier Norberto   *
       OBANDO Brayan   *
       PLAPP Lucas   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       STRONG Corbin   
       TULETT Ben   

Jon Ezeitza
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       GOOSSENS Kobe   
       JACOBS Johan   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       SCHELLING Ide   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WALLS Matthew   

Josedin
       ALBA BOLIVAR Juan Diego   
       BRENNER Marco   
       CHAMPION Thomas   
       DEKKER David   
       KUBIS Lukas   *
       LEEMREIZE Gijs   
       PALZER Anton   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   
       SWEENY Harrison   *
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VIGO DEL ARCO Marti   
       VIVIANI Attilio   *
       WALLS Matthew   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   

JPettersen
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BURGAUDEAU Mathieu   *
       DEKKER David   
       GARRISON Ian   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       SKJELMOSE JENSEN Mattias   *
       SLEEN Torjus   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WAERENSKJOLD Søren   
       WANDAHL Frederik   

Karaev
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BERWICK Sebastian   
       BRENNER Marco   
       DEKKER David   
       GARRISON Ian   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       HERREGODTS Rune   
       HINDSGAUL MADSEN Jacob   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WALLS Matthew   
       WEEMAES Sasha   

Kazistuta
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       ARROYAVE CAÑAS Daniel   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       JONES Taj   *
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KONYCHEV Alexander   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       SCHELLING Ide   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   

Koronin
       BALLESTEROS CANOVAS Miguel Angel   *
       CULLAIGH Gabriel   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       ELOSEGUI MOMEÑE Iñigo   
       GARRISON Ian   
       GONZALEZ RIVERA Abner   
       GUGLIELMI Simon   *
       HOLLMANN Juri   *
       JACOBS Johan   
       LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       MUÑOZ LANCHEROS Cristian Camilo   *
       PEÑALVER ANIORTE Manuel   *
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   

Kryvo
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro   
       RIES Michel   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VIGO DEL ARCO Marti   

Laarsland
       ÄRM Rait   *
       BRUSSENSKIY Gleb   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       HESSMANN Michel   *
       HVIDEBERG Jonas Iversby   *
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LUND ANDRESEN Tobias   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   

Leadbelly
       BAYER Tobias   *
       BERWICK Sebastian   
       BOUCEK Jakub   *
       CHARMIG Anthon   
       DE LIE Arnaud   *
       EINHORN Itamar   *
       GARCIA PIERNA Raul   *
       HUYS Laurens   *
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       REPA Vojtech   
       REYNDERS Jens   *
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       STRONG Corbin   
       TULETT Ben   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   

Los Brolin
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LUND ANDRESEN Tobias   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       VACEK Mathias   
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   
       WAERENSKJOLD Søren   

Ludwigzgz
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       CARR Simon   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       TULETT Ben   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       WALLS Matthew   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   

LukasCPH
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DINA Marton   
       GARCIA SOSA Jhojan Orlando   *
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       HULGAARD Morten   *
       INKELAAR Kevin   *
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       SLEEN Torjus   
       TRAEEN Torstein   *
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   

Madrazo
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       CARR Simon   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VIGO DEL ARCO Marti   
       WEEMAES Sasha   

Muddy Waters
       ALBA BOLIVAR Juan Diego   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       ELOSEGUI MOMEÑE Iñigo   
       FISHER-BLACK Finn   
       KONYCHEV Alexander   
       LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro   
       PEAK Barnabas   *
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       TULETT Ben   
       VACEK Karel   
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   

Nakazar
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       DEKKER David   
       FISHER-BLACK Finn   
       JACOBS Johan   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   

Northerner
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       DEKKER David   
       JACOBS Johan   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN GILS Maxim   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   

Nyssinator
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       GARRISON Ian   
       JACOBS Johan   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       PLAPP Lucas   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WALLS Matthew   

Otoxiep87
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       DEKKER David   
       GOOSSENS Kobe   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   
       SCHELLING Ide   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   

Ray10
       ASKEY Lewis   *
       BRENNER Marco   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DRIZNERS Jarrad   *
       FISHER-BLACK Finn   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       LEEMREIZE Gijs   
       PRODHOMME Nicolas   *
       QUINN Sean   
       REPA Vojtech   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       WALLS Matthew   

Rote Laterne
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       CHAMPION Thomas   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       JACOBS Johan   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       PARET-PEINTRE Valentin   *
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       SCHELLING Ide   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       TULETT Ben   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   

Rufs
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COLNAGHI Luca   *
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       GOOSSENS Kobe   
       HERREGODTS Rune   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   
       WALLS Matthew   
       WRIGHT Fred   

SafeBet
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       PLAPP Lucas   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       SCHELLING Ide   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       TULETT Ben   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   

Scrooll07
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUNEL Alexys   
       CARR Simon   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       GONZALEZ RIVERA Abner   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       LEEMREIZE Gijs   
       ROMO OLIVER Javier   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   
       WALLS Matthew   
       WANDAHL Frederik   

Skidmark
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BERWICK Sebastian   
       CARR Simon   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       GALVAN FERNANDEZ Francisco   *
       JACOBS Johan   
       KONYCHEV Alexander   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       OLDANI Stefano   
       SHEFFIELD Magnus   
       TULETT Ben   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   

Vladimir
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       APERS Ruben   *
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       BRENNER Marco   
       BRUSSENSKIY Gleb   
       FISHER-BLACK Finn   
       HÄNNINEN Jaakko   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       MAYRHOFER Marius   *
       MILAN Jonathan   
       MURGUIALDAY ELORZA Jokin   *
       PICCOLO Andrea   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       ZAMBANINI Edoardo   *

Yellow Knight
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BERWICK Sebastian   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COLLEONI Kevin   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       JORGENSON Matteo   
       KOOIJ Olav   
       MILAN Jonathan   
       RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos   
       TIBERI Antonio   
       VACEK Mathias   
       VANDENABEELE Henri   
       VERMAERKE Kevin   
       VERVLOESEM Xandres   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   

The * asterisk indicates unique picks.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #17 on: February 01, 2021, 14:08 »
    Rider popularity
    A three way tie for the most popular rider (I don't think we have seen that before): Brenner had an early lead, Arensman caught up and the lead changed quite a bit as teams came in: Kooij was on enough late teams that omitted one or both of those to catch up very late in the process.

28 of 36 teams:  ARENSMAN Thymen, BRENNER Marco, KOOIJ Olav
    24:  DEKKER David, VAN WILDER Ilan
    22:  VANSEVENANT Mauri
    21:  ALEOTTI Giovanni
    20:  TEJADA CANACUE Harold Alfonso
    18:  CAMARGO PINEDA Diego Andres, COVI Alessandro
    17:  JORGENSON Matteo
    15:  DONOVAN Mark
    14:  AYUSO PESQUERA Juan, TIBERI Antonio, VERMAERKE Kevin
    13:  ARDILA ORDOÑEZ Andres Camilo, RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
    12:  RUBIO REYES Einer Augusto
    And the 18 riders on a dozen or more teams comprise to Collective Wisdom team
    11:  COLLEONI Kevin, SHEFFIELD Magnus, WALLS Matthew
    10:  BRUNEL Alexys, HÄNNINEN Jaakko, MILAN Jonathan, VANDENABEELE Henri, VERVLOESEM Xandres
    9:  OLDANI Stefano, UMBA LOPEZ Abner Santiago
    8:  PICCOLO Andrea, TULETT Ben
    7:  GARRISON Ian, JACOBS Johan, ROMO OLIVER Javier, VAN GILS Maxim
    6:  BUITRAGO SANCHEZ Santiago, CARR Simon, SCHELLING Ide, ZWIEHOFF Ben
    5:  BERWICK Sebastian, FISHER-BLACK Finn, KONYCHEV Alexander
    4:  LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro, PLAPP Lucas
    3:  CEPEDA ORTIZ Jefferson Alexander, GOOSSENS Kobe, LEEMREIZE Gijs, MORIN Emmanuel, VIGO DEL ARCO Marti, WRIGHT Fred
    2:  ALBA BOLIVAR Juan Diego, ARROYAVE CAÑAS Daniel, BRUSSENSKIY Gleb, CHAMPION Thomas, CHARMIG Anthon, CULLAIGH Gabriel, DINA Marton, ELOSEGUI MOMEÑE Iñigo, GONZALEZ RIVERA Abner, HERREGODTS Rune, HINDSGAUL MADSEN Jacob, LOPEZ GRANIZO Harold Martin, LUND ANDRESEN Tobias, PALZER Anton, QUINN Sean, REPA Vojtech, RIES Michel, SLEEN Torjus, STRONG Corbin, VACEK Karel, VACEK Mathias, WAERENSKJOLD Søren, WANDAHL Frederik, WEEMAES Sasha

And there should be 47 asterisked unique picks in the list above this one.

I think the Vaceks are only the second pair of brothers to be in an edition of the game: I doubt they will score as well as the Yates, but I hope they are not total failures as I have one of them.  We also have younger siblings of the Viviani, Paret-Peintre and Garrison families represented.

All of Lucas Plapp's selections came after his Wilunga Hill exploits, though he got no points for that as it was a national series level race.  Although a few other points have been gained before entries closed (I will hope to do the first points posting this evening, household duties permitting), I didn't notice them creating any surge in naming anyone.

Popularity ranking
    Totalling up those popularity scores for each team, we get

Team Popularity points unique picks
    1      Bminchow      321      0
    2      HugoKoblet      310      0
    3      AmisVelo      309      0
    4      Madrazo      300      0
    5      Northerner      296      0
    6      Nyssinator      294      0
    7      Otoxiep87      291      0
    8      Nakazar      290      0
    9      Fivezzz      288      0
    9      SafeBet      288      0
    11      Cordi      287      0
    11      Kazistuta      287      1
    13      JonEzeitza      284      0
    14      Ludwigzgz      278      0
    15      Kryvo      271      0
    16      RoteLaterne      269      1
    17      Rufs      268      1
    18      Karaev      265      0
    19      YellowKnight      256      0
    20      Scrooll07      254      0
    21      JPettersen      246      2
    22      Greenedge      240      0
    23      LosBrolin      238      0
    24      Blues_in_the_Bottle      235      1
    25      Skidmark      226      1
    26      Armchair_Cyclist      218      2
    27      Comodoro      217      3
    28      LukasCPH      214      4
    28      Ray10      214      3
    28      Vladimir      214      4
    31      Laarsland      199      3
    32      MuddyWaters      188      1
    33      Josedin      155      3
    34      Jakob747      120      5
    35      Koronin      117      5
    36      Leadbelly      108      7
          CollectiveWisdom      343      0
          CollectiveIgnorance      0      18
          MainGame2021      310      0

Bminchow (who virtually swept the board in CQ games in 2020) complained that he had no idea how to go about picking a team for this one (his first time here), and then sent in a team that tops the popularity table.

Other than the Collective Wisdom team described above, there is as previously a Collective Ignorance team, which will constantly change its make-up through the game as the best 18 riders that we could have had but all overlooked: expect that team to be far and away the best team early on, and finally to finish around mid-table.
    You will notice another non-manager picked team: I have pooled together the riders eligible for this who were most frequently chosen in the 2021 season CQ game just to see how they do.  All of them are fairly popular in this game, but 4 of them did not make the Collective Wisdom team.  It would reflect well on those in the main game if this group scores very well in year 1, and well on those in this game if it then drops a bit in the table, at least below Collective Wisdom, thereafter.

I need to go out now: will probably come up with a few more numbers later.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 18:41 »
    I have taken pity on Squire, a stalwart of these games, over at CN.  He makes a late entry at 4th in the popularity table, and puts Amis Velo above Hakkie for 2nd.  His selection doesn't change the  Collective Wisdom squad, or the three way tie at the top, but does remove Asbjorn Hellemose from eligibility for the Collective Ignorance team.

Squire
       ALEOTTI Giovanni   
       ARENSMAN Thymen   
       AYUSO PESQUERA Juan   
       BERWICK Sebastian   
       BRENNER Marco   
       COVI Alessandro   
       DEKKER David   
       DONOVAN Mark   
       HELLEMOSE Asbjørn   *
       KOOIJ Olav   
       VAN WILDER Ilan   
       VANSEVENANT Mauri   
       WALLS Matthew   
       WEEMAES Sasha   
       ZWIEHOFF Ben   
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    « Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 18:57 »
    I'd just like to point out that my team (with Corbin Strong) was submitted before the NZCC took place. :P

Not expecting too many more points off him this year, what with the Olympics and all, but fingers crossed he secures a good contract in 2022.

Rufs

COLNAGHI Luca   *

The * asterisk indicates unique picks.

Sorry Rufs, but there is a very good reason he was not picked by more people. :-x
  • ReplyReply

• Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 19:48 »
    In this game I developed a rule, that is to only sign riders with a pro contract in a team with good calendar (wich could be for next year as Vandenabeele for example). Why? Because no matter how good you are, you're only going to score big goals when you get to play in the big leagues. I make some exceptions with riders I'm pretty confident will get soon a WT contract (like Brenner last year) and/or with riders I see as massive talents (as Sheffield this year).

I learned the lesson picking too early riders that underscored mostly because they were at low level races or because were not ready yet (example: taking Vacek when he was just out of junior category, switching him for Higuita at the last second  :-x).

Anyway, that's why Plapp show in this year reduced Down Under doesn't change the things. I'm following him since 2018, but until he get a contract I won't consider him. Same issues for example with Walls, who I take this year and not last year because of WT contract. I like to be able to finally make in my team a spot for riders I've been following for a long time, like for example this year Simon Carr. Usually I take them when they're almost zero pointers to complete my team in a very good game that is in the spanish forum Parlamento named "CQ Ranking" and I become kind of a fan and follow their progress next years. I recomend you that game if you want to try a new one and you're not afraid to be bidding for riders and trashtaling in spanish  :D

----

I'm writing too much, I know... Just to end it, I wanna add that the rider I've been tempted to add to my team in the last moment is Umba, who was impressive in Táchira as a 1st year u23. Savio knows... But last editions, last minute changes didn't treat me well, so this time I decided to not touch the team.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    « Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 19:56 »
    Did you not enter the main CQ game cordi? I couldn't see your name, but maybe you entered under an alias.
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Domestique
    • Liked: 275
    • Awards: 2019 Vuelta prediction champ2019 Tour CQ Game winner
    « Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 20:55 »
    Always nice to have a unique pick. I hope he follows his brothers steps. ;)

I'm curious about Vansevenant. Never good to leave a Quickstepper out (I did not learn my lesson about Evenepoel) but I did not find a spot for him although I probably picked some of the young guys a year to early.
  • ReplyReply

• Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 21:36 »
    Did you not enter the main CQ game cordi? I couldn't see your name, but maybe you entered under an alias.

No, finally I didn't.
    I wanted to, but end january was busy with exams in the university and didn't find the time to do it like I like, with pause and thinking well my picks.
  • ReplyReply

• Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 21:41 »
    Always nice to have a unique pick. I hope he follows his brothers steps. ;)

I'm curious about Vansevenant. Never good to leave a Quickstepper out (I did not learn my lesson about Evenepoel) but I did not find a spot for him although I probably picked some of the young guys a year to early.

Yep, this year was a hard one to make the team. In my case, while making my team back in december, I did also a B team that looks this strong (eventually could beat my A team  :lol)

Kevin Vermaerke   Sunweb
    Johan Jacobs      Movistar
    Juanpe Lopez      Trek
    Mauri Vansevenant   Deceuninck
    Camilo Ardila      UAE
    Antonio Tiberi      Trek
    Andrea Piccolo      Astana
    Kevin Colleoni      Mitchelton
    Giovanni Aleotti      Bora
    Jonathan Milan      Bahrain
    Jaako Hanninen      Ag2r
    Santiago Buitrago   Bahrain
    Alexys Brunel      Groupama
    Ian Garrison      Deceuninck
    Stefano Oldani      Lotto
    David Dekker      Jumbo
    Michel Ries      Trek
    Kevin Inkelaar      Bahrain  -> altought after january I would put in his place Santiago Umba (Androni)
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 14:30 »
    With the inclusion of Squire, and correction of a mistake that I had made on Madrazo, here is the corrected popularity table.

Team Popularity points unique picks riders of CW
    1      Bminchow      334      0      15
    2      AmisVelo      322      0      13
    3      HugoKoblet      320      0      13
    4      Madrazo      316      0      13
    5      Squire      314      1      13
    6      Northerner      305      0      11
    7      Nyssinator      304      0      11
    8      Otoxiep87      300      0      11
    9      Fivezzz      299      0      12
    9      Nakazar      299      0      11
    11      Cordi      298      0      12
    12      SafeBet      297      0      13
    13      Kazistuta      296      1      12
    14      JonEzeitza      294      0      10
    15      Ludwigzgz      289      0      11
    16      Kryvo      279      0      11
    17      Rufs      278      1      11
    18      RoteLaterne      277      1      10
    19      Karaev      276      0      9
    20      YellowKnight      264      0      11
    21      Scrooll07      262      0      10
    22      JPettersen      255      2      10
    23      Greenedge      247      0      9
    24      LosBrolin      244      0      8
    25      Blues_in_the_Bottle      242      1      10
    26      Skidmark      233      1      7
    27      Armchair_Cyclist      225      2      8
    28      Comodoro      224      3      7
    29      LukasCPH      223      4      8
    30      Ray10      221      3      8
    31      Vladimir      219      4      8
    32      Laarsland      203      3      7
    33      MuddyWaters      193      1      8
    34      Josedin      161      3      4
    35      Jakob747      124      5      3
    36      Koronin      120      5      5
    37      Leadbelly      111      7      3
          CollectiveWisdom      356      0      18
          CollectiveIgnorance      0      18      0
          MainGame2021      322      0      14

That last column is the hint that I have set up a team similarity tab.  Other than Bminchow's 15 man overlap with the Collective Wisdom team, the highest correlations are:

14 riders in common:  Cordi-Ludwigzgz
    13: Amis Velo-Squire
    Bminchow-Squire
    Jon Ezietza-Nyssinator
    Madrazo-Squire
    Nakazar-Northern
    and the 5 teams noted above who share 13 of the Collective Wisdom list.

Pre-game points

Each rider is allowed 199 points and still be permitted in the game, so in theory a team could legitimately have 3582 points.  These numbers mean very little, but maybe show the propensity of a manager to go for riders who have already shown themselves in the pro ranks a bit, or conversely, whether they are willing to invest in riders who might only come through in years 2 and 3.
    1 LukasCPH 2446
    2      Fivezzz      2115
    3      JonEzeitza      2112
    4      Nyssinator      1920
    5      AmisVelo      1898
    6      Otoxiep87      1873
    7      Armchair_Cyclist      1857
    8      Kazistuta      1793
    9      Blues_in_the_Bottle      1751
    10      Karaev      1731
    11      Squire      1728
    12      Greenedge      1721
    13      Madrazo      1680
    13      JPettersen      1680
    15      Kryvo      1672
    16      Bminchow      1577
    17      Skidmark      1553
    18      Cordi      1520
    19      Rufs      1496
    20      Koronin      1479
    21      RoteLaterne      1451
    22      SafeBet      1416
    23      Northerner      1389
    24      Laarsland      1380
    25      Scrooll07      1337
    26      Comodoro      1315
    27      HugoKoblet      1295
    28      Nakazar      1218
    29      MuddyWaters      1193
    30      Ludwigzgz      1145
    31      Ray10      1142
    32      Vladimir      999
    33      YellowKnight      954
    34      Josedin      953
    35      Leadbelly      952
    36      Jakob747      907
    37      LosBrolin      708
          CollectiveWisdom      1547
          CollectiveIgnorance      n/a
          MainGame2021      1506
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 16:06 »
    Year 1, month 1 to 31 January 2021

Because all the entry stats are meaningless unless they get some race points

Rider Points Teams source
    STRONG Corbin      37      2 GC win and stage pts in NZ Cycle Classic and 5th in Gravel & Tar
    GALVAN FERNANDEZ Francisco      36      1 4th in La Marseillaise
    FISHER-BLACK Finn      32      5GC 2nd and stage pts in NZ Cycle Classic and 4th in Gravel & Tar
    UMBA LOPEZ Abner Santiago      12      9 4th on GC and stage podium in Tachira

Standings
    1 Jakob747 69
    2      Skidmark      48
    3      Nakazar      44
    3      Vladimir      44
    5      Leadbelly      37
    6      MuddyWaters      32
    6      Ray10      32
    8      Greenedge      12
    8      Josedin      12
    8      LosBrolin      12
    8      Ludwigzgz      12
    8      Madrazo      12
    8      SafeBet      12
    14      the rest      0
          CollectiveWisdom      0
          CollectiveIgnorance      217
    This is probably just jostling for a place in the breakaway on stage one of a GT: it will be a while before we see who the main challengers will be. 

Spreadsheet

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7803
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #27 on: February 03, 2021, 09:14 »
    Luke Plapp won the Aussie ITT champs, giving him his first 50 points.

I consciously decided not to pick him because I thought he wouldn't be able to scrape together 200 points on the Oceania Tour calendar, and lockdown/quarantine + Tokyo would keep him out of the European peloton for 2021, still leaving him eligible next year.
    But now ... I don't know. :-x
  • ReplyReply

• Cordi

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #28 on: February 03, 2021, 10:01 »
    Luke Plapp won the Aussie ITT champs, giving him his first 50 points.

I consciously decided not to pick him because I thought he wouldn't be able to scrape together 200 points on the Oceania Tour calendar, and lockdown/quarantine + Tokyo would keep him out of the European peloton for 2021, still leaving him eligible next year.
    But now ... I don't know. :-x

Well, that confirms it. 2022 WT rider no doubt. Looks like a must for 22-24 if he doesn't make 200 points this year.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #29 on: February 03, 2021, 10:04 »
    I forgot to post the opening scores in the most important element of the game:

CN Crew  11.8   ;  Team VeloRooms  6.1

CN Crew:
    Blues_in_the_Bottle
    Bminchow
    Comodoro
    Fivezzz
    Greenedge
    HugoKoblet
    Jakob747
    JonEzeitza
    Jpettersen
    Karaev