collapse

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 14863
  • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
must be at least 4 stars for Konovalovas, after this unreal performance today! ;)

“I was feeling great today, and I don’t know why”, he said later, before trying to justify it: “It must be the wine and the pizza from last night! It was not planned for me to go in the break, but the fight was long and in the first climb, I started to move up. I wanted to take Attila with me, but I lost him and found myself in front. The favorite teams were in control, but I thought: why not try? It wasn’t even an attack, I just paced up, and then I found myself with eleven riders in the front”.

[...] he was the last rider from the initial breakaway to let the GC group go, about two kilometres from the top of Superga. He then maintained his effort in some other chasing groups, and he crossed the line about sixty kilometres further in twenty-second position. “After being dropped from the pink jersey group, I stayed with Guillaume Martin to go even further,” he said. “Then Alejandro Valverde came back, and I took the wheel again to go as close as possible to the finish. I just took it a bit easier in the last fifteen kilometres, because to be 18th or 40th doesn’t change much for me”.

https://www.equipecycliste-groupama-fdj.fr/en/news/ignatas-konovalovas-on-climber-mode-in-turin/
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Recent Posts

Re: Circuit franco-belge by Leadbelly
    [August 10, 2022, 19:24]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [August 10, 2022, 13:57]

Circuit franco-belge by Echoes
    [August 10, 2022, 12:56]

Re: Roadbooks by FastJack
    [August 09, 2022, 23:45]

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [August 06, 2022, 15:03]

Re: Roadbooks by search