esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
  • Liked: 323
Some food for thought...

Sky...
Yates... obv.
Servais Knaven: TVM & Domo- Farm Frites... (both teams known in the bunch for liking the needle...) Milram & T-Mobile... not to mention time with Quickstep...
Marcus Ljungquist: Cantina Tollo (with Matt White) / Credit Agricole / CSC
Steven de Jongh: TVM & Rabo (Now gone)
Nicolas Portal: Caisse d' Epargne (retired due to 'cardiac trouble')
Shane Sutton: obv. Speak to Daryl Webster and other pros of his era...
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    Disclaimer; This is from memory, I have currently no way to review the Avondetappe because im on a German IP and because this internet is horribly slow. Any Dutch person (and Belgians, but not sure) can view the Avondetappe broadcasts here.

Regarding Michel Cornelisse, he was on the Avondetappe (Dutch talk show during the Tour) this year during the Tour de France. They talked about how he won the Tour of Luxembourg as his biggest win in his career. So he started talking. He was in one of those crazy breakaways in which he finished second, who took a ridiculous amount of time. I think he was the best placed in that breakaway, so he gained the leaders jersey.

Every stage after that he one he lost (a lot of) time, but was the only one from the previously mentioned breakaway to have a motive to keep riding 100% full gas. In the end he (barely) won the GC.

Again, if im wrong; memory didnt work properly then :P.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    Disclaimer; This is from memory, I have currently no way to review the Avondetappe because im on a German IP and because this internet is horribly slow. Any Dutch person (and Belgians, but not sure) can view the Avondetappe broadcasts here.

Regarding Michel Cornelisse, he was on the Avondetappe (Dutch talk show during the Tour) this year during the Tour de France. They talked about how he won the Tour of Luxembourg as his biggest win in his career. So he started talking. He was in one of those crazy breakaways in which he finished second, who took a ridiculous amount of time. I think he was the best placed in that breakaway, so he gained the leaders jersey.

Every stage after that he one he lost (a lot of) time, but was the only one from the previously mentioned breakaway to have a motive to keep riding 100% full gas. In the end he (barely) won the GC.

Again, if im wrong; memory didnt work properly then :P.

I don't quite recall it the same way, but to be frank I was out the arse most days! I guess freak-days like that do happen (I once ended up in the break at Trophee des Grimpeurs, and on a mountain stage in Asturias, so yep, anything can happen!) I've suffered on his wheel far too many times to believe he's squeaky clean.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 14183
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Just remembered another name that raises suspicion: Laurent Biondi. Again linked to the Ton Ton Tapis team in 1990 (when surprise surprise he wins the worlds pro points race...) Later worked as DS for AG2R... not sure who he's with now...

he is still directeur sportif at AG2R. He was sacked in 2005 after spending a night in jail for doping investigations but returned in 2007
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6786
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    he is still directeur sportif at AG2R. He was sacked in 2005 after spending a night in jail for doping investigations but returned in 2007

You're right and you've reminded me, thanks. :tu I originally recorded Biondi in Dopeology and then turned him off because he walked free, but since then I started to record arrests regardless of the outcome. So he needs re-illuminating. He's still in the database, he's just "turned off" at the moment.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

lllludo

True Nardello has never been tested positive  ;)
    However he was member of MAPEI between 94 and 2002 & Telekom 2003-2006 where leaders & key helpers systematically took EPO.
    Furthermore he's cited in the USADA file as the guy who intimidated Simeone during the Tour'2004 after he was reeled in by the peloton in the 18th stage.
    May be the Puerto trial or Ferrari's case in november will tell us more about Daniele ...
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    Vacansoleil staff : Pieter Lagrou worked with Astana betwee 2007 to 2009
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    Crap! Just deleted a paragraph worth of info on Lotto... ::)

To paraphrase:
    Marc Sergeant - Links to the Panasonic 'doping' system under Peter Post.
    Mario Aerts - as mentioned.
    Herman Frison - Histor-Sigma, Tulip (some rumours, nothing more), Lotto under JL VDB.
    Bart Leysen - (Unsure if he's with Lotto or Katusha at present) Lotto under JL VDB, Mapei...
    Marc Wauters - very interesting career, including stints as rider with Lotto, and Rabobank.
    Michel Elijzen - Rabo conti, Rabobank, Cofidis, Lotto...

Jean Pierre Heyndrickx is a guy that needs looking into.
    Funny story when we raced against one another: I always got along really well with him, and when we were at Ronde van Midden-Zeeland in 89 or 90 I remember riding up behind him and slapping his arse... he went utterly mad at me, cursing and carrying on... I didn't realise until a bit later that I'd inadvertantly burst his bubble of amphets! So much for slow release!

As I say, a lot of supposition but if anyone's got spare time, could be worth looking into.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Marc Sergeant - Links to the Panasonic 'doping' system under Peter Post.

I know that Sergeant tested positive in his career as a rider, but I can't publish it because I haven't seen the source myself.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    You're right and you've reminded me, thanks. :tu I originally recorded Biondi in Dopeology and then turned him off because he walked free, but since then I started to record arrests regardless of the outcome. So he needs re-illuminating. He's still in the database, he's just "turned off" at the moment.

Biondi is back "on". It's worth noting however that he successfully appealed his criminal conviction.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Added: Nardello, Biondi
    Not Yet Added: Sergeant, Frison, Leysen, Wauters, Elijzen, or Heyndrickx
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org

Can give you the reference for Sergeant but I haven't seen it so I'm not 110%. It's an old print edition of L'Equipe, I think. Dates back to '84 or something like that.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms

Jean Pierre Heyndrickx is a guy that needs looking into.

Was trying to remember were i knew his name from. He was the boss at Topsport Vlaanderen, along with Walter Planckaert when Freddy Knolf died in Qatar.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    Was trying to remember were i knew his name from. He was the boss at Topsport Vlaanderen, along with Walter Planckaert when Freddy Knolf died in Qatar.

Holy crap... that's not good news at all. Walter's been a naughty little Plankaert in his day too! Thanks for the heads-up Dim.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    Can give you the reference for Sergeant but I haven't seen it so I'm not 110%. It's an old print edition of L'Equipe, I think. Dates back to '84 or something like that.

L'arriv... I'll ask my old man if he's still got his back-copies of Bicisport and Wieler-Revue. Might throw some light on the matter...
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner

Just wondering what is with Elijzen that makes him considered to be dodgy? DS for Lotto? He has not had a great career at all, just scoring one win in an Eneco Tour prologue.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Just wondering what is with Elijzen that makes him considered to be dodgy? DS for Lotto? He has not had a great career at all, just scoring one win in an Eneco Tour prologue.

thats why at the moment hes not on the list. we like to be sure and have documentation before we add people to our lists of doom :D
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro

Michel Elijzen - Rabo conti, Rabobank, Cofidis, Lotto...

Suspicion by association?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    L'arriv... I'll ask my old man if he's still got his back-copies of Bicisport and Wieler-Revue. Might throw some light on the matter...

Cool! So he's not checking every issue, my info actually states two separate positives for Marc Sergeant on 13 April 1983 (Ruta del Sol) and the 1985 Scheldeprijs from which he was DQ'd. Both unknown substances.

First one from L'Equipe which I haven't seen. Second no source at all that I know of.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Cool! So he's not checking every issue, my info actually states two separate positives for Marc Sergeant on 13 April 1983 (Ruta del Sol) and the 1985 Scheldeprijs from which he was DQ'd. Both unknown substances.

First one from L'Equipe which I haven't seen. Second no source at all that I know of.

do you know the date it was published in l'Equipe? I don't have access to the archives of l'Equipe but maybe it was quoted somewhere else a day later or so
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    do you know the date it was published in l'Equipe? I don't have access to the archives of l'Equipe but maybe it was quoted somewhere else a day later or so

No idea, search, sorry!  :-[
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    So with the Servais Knaven thing, the name of Jeroen Blijlevens has come up. I had forgotten about him, 1994-1999 TVM. 2000 Polti.
    Spoiler (hover to show)

Blijleven is to be part of the ex-Rabobank team as Directeur Sportif for the mens team.

• ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms

remember schelderprijs was at the end of july then..

updated the first post. Now working on
    Herman Frison
    Bart Leysen
    Marc Wauters
    Michel Elijzen
    Jean Pierre Heyndrickx
    Michel Corneillese
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    remember schelderprijs was at the end of july then..

updated the first post. Now working on
    Herman Frison
    Bart Leysen
    Marc Wauters
    Michel Elijzen
    Jean Pierre Heyndrickx
    Michel Corneillese

Hey guys... have just spoken to the old man... there's a s**tload of mags, etc in the loft in boxes... he sold a load a few years ago, so he's unsure of what's left. I will have a dig about but might take a while. I also have a few boxes of mags/newspapers from my days in Belg, but they're back in Australia at the moment. When I eventually get them out of storage I have a nosey too...

I'm wondering if the BWB, KNWU, FFC might have records of past indiscretions?

I've also emailed Joe Parkin to see if he has any recollections that didn't make it into 'Dog in a Hat'... I know there's a few 'stories' missing, but having been close to Joe I have to say that he is very discreet. We'll wait and see...
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Hey guys... have just spoken to the old man... there's a s**tload of mags, etc in the loft in boxes... he sold a load a few years ago, so he's unsure of what's left. I will have a dig about but might take a while. I also have a few boxes of mags/newspapers from my days in Belg, but they're back in Australia at the moment. When I eventually get them out of storage I have a nosey too...

I'm wondering if the BWB, KNWU, FFC might have records of past indiscretions?

I've also emailed Joe Parkin to see if he has any recollections that didn't make it into 'Dog in a Hat'... I know there's a few 'stories' missing, but having been close to Joe I have to say that he is very discreet. We'll wait and see...

I'm sure they do have records, but they're not public. It's really difficult because everything's dirty laundry. If this was a palmarès enquiry, you could probably get the info out of them.  ;D I still have about two or three other positives, not team staff today as far as I know, which remain in the vault until such time as I find some published sources of them. Guy I know has even better records from the 80s but he had to visit public archives to get his sources for most of them.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Tell me about it, when we were investigatinsg Levi's positive USA Cycling told us the best person to ask was Levi :D
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    No idea, search, sorry!  :-[

I did have a look and the only archives of daily newspapers I have digital access to (which go back to the 80's) are El Pais and Times - and obviously there's nothing in there regarding Marc Sergeant. L'Equipe does not seem to have an online archive of these days at all - but Het Belang van Limburg has. I don't have access but maybe jojo can step in, often these archives are available from national universities (or via vpn)
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    This wont be good for Riis, Danish press publishing an interview with Hamilton

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Cykling/2012/11/04/180155.htm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They HAVE met.  I remember an episode from 2002 - I think it was in April - when Fuentes, Bjarne and I were in the same hotel room in Spain.  I can still remember how the hotel looks.  Bjarne wanted to meet him, but afterwards  Fuentes was angry that Bjarne came with me.  I think that Fuentes wanted to keep it as private as possible, says Hamilton.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    This could be interesting
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-19/27senior-cycling-figure27-accused-of-doping/4380686?section=sport

watch at 5m20 the name is bleeped out, but looks decidedly like Shane Sutton
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    Hog on CN says Charlie Walsh. no idea who he is.
  • ReplyReply

•