collapse

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1284
Well done Wales, good performance from them, England less so. If anything could go wrong, it did starting with the selection of Steve 'I flipping hate the English' Walsh as referee. Missed kicks, missed tackles, missed overlaps, dropped ball all contributed too but when it becomes clear that only one side is going to get pinged at the scrum, the other side can do pretty much as it pleases: driving in virtually at right angles, driving before the put in etc. The Welsh were probably better in the scrum anyway but the refereeing of it impacted whether England were capable of securing any ball. They weren't.

Sour grapes? Probably but I'm usually pretty sanguine and I haven't read a report that alluded to the quality of the refereeing in a positive way.

My Lions team (Squad)? Assuming 37 tour like last time...

15. Halfpenny (Kearney to tour)
14. Gilroy (Maitland Hogg?)
13. O'Driscoll (Tuilagi)
12. Roberts (Davies)
11. North (Visser)

10. Sexton (Biggar, Farrell)
9. Phillips (Youngs, Murray)

8. Morgan (Wood)
7. O'Brian (Tipuric, Warburton)
6. Robshaw (R. Jones)
5. Gray (Launchberry)
4. AW Jones (Ryan)
3. Jones (Cole)
2. Hibbard (Best, Youngs)
1. Jenkins (Vunipola Healy)

Agree with DOTP that centres and No8 are big probs. I can see Farrell getting playing time at 12. I've somehow managed to pick a back row with no Welshmen but it could be all Welsh and no worse. Don't see Hogg getting in as a FB but as a winger maybe? The addition of Tommy Bowe makes the back 3 a lot stronger and maybe there's a place for Cuthbert too.
  • ReplyReply

•