collapse

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6786
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
I noticed in the front shoutbox that t-72 was grumbling about internal cable routing.

This is something that annoys me too. One of my bikes has an internal rear brake cable while the gear cables remain external: it was probably the last generation to feature those. The other is completely internal.

Recently I went to the LBS and had them refresh the cables on the all-internal bike. I started with the intention of completing the job myself but, not being someone with a deep reservoir of patience, I gave up pretty quickly.

Long story long, the LBS screwed it up too. One cable somehow got wrapped around another inside the frame and shifting was a joke. Should have taken a ride around the block before going home with the bike, lesson learned, but I didn't expect a pro mechanic to mess up like that.

Apparently there are special magnetic tools to help with it but I don't know what I'm going to do next time I have to do that job. I really want to have another shot at it myself.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks bonjour Jai télécharger l appli by roy
    [Today at 19:21]

Re: Roadbooks by Samuel
    [Today at 15:01]

Re: Roadbooks by Kevin34
    [June 13, 2021, 00:38]

Re: Roadbooks by Sandrine06
    [June 06, 2021, 21:43]

roadbook by le gac